Chapter 28

Jaehyun's body was ripped away from her, allowing Yena to gasp for air as she opened her eyes.

Taeyong!

Taeyong's eyes were blue as he repeatedly punched Jaehyun, surprising everyone in the room.

I didn't know he had it in him.

The events of the night was beginning to take a toll on her body as she felt her vision blur.

Taeyong, be careful please! He's not who we thought he was.

The last thing Yena saw before passing out again was a familiar figure hitting Jaehyun in the back of the neck and his body going limp in Yuta's arms.

...

Taeyong gave Yena one last glance before closing the door to the girl's room, taking a deep breath.

As he caught the eyes of the people sitting on the couches, he knew that he had a lot of explaining to do to get everyone caught up.

Johnny and Taeil were already done filling Mark and Haechan in and Taeyong pretended to not see Haechan shaking in fear, but considering how hard Mark was gripping onto Haechan's leg to hide it, it was hard.

The fact that the next leader of the Kim Family was also sitting there didn't help either.

"Where's Jaehyun?" Taeil asked, deciding to break the silence as Taeyong took a seat.

"In his room. Yuta's watching him." Doyoung told them. "Jungwoo's helping him just in case. Jaheyun's not going to be happy once he hears what happened."

Taeyong looked up as he felt eyes on him and met Doyoung's.

"Are you okay?"

...

"Doyoung."

Yena was not expecting to see her cousin when she woke up and was not expecting to be crying when she saw him.

Doyoung moved closer to her, sitting down onto the bed to hug his cousin, letting Yena hug him back as her tears soaked his shoulders.

"I always knew you weren't completely heartless, but I didn't know that I would be holding you while you cried." Doyoung chuckled.

"Shut up, I still hate you." Yena mumbled, only making her cousin laugh harder.

Doyoung waited patiently, rubbing her back as she cried uncontrollably, overwhelmed by everything that had happened.

"Appa, he wanted me to get married to Jaehyun." Yena told him as she sniffled, moving back.

"I know, you're wearing the ring." Doyoung said, motioning to her finger. "But you didn't accept him because you love Taeyong."

Yena blinked a few times as she registered Doyoung's words. "How did you know?"

"I figured you would fall for him, he's quite a charming person." Doyoung said with a smile. "Plus, he's madly in love with you too. The way he beat Jaehyun up made that quite obvious."

Yena recalled the sight of Taeyong giving Jaehyun multiple punches until Doyoung knocked him out, his eyes blue the entire time.

"His eyes..."

Doyoung tapped his chin in thought. "He's much stronger when his eyes are blue, I remember reading that somewhere when I was studying the Lee Family."

"You knew." Yena said softly. "You knew he was part of the family."

"I'm a lot smarter than you think, silly." Doyoung said, giving Yena a light punch. "The way he talked about the blue eyes made it so obvious."