Chapter 24

I did not want her finding out like this.

Taeyong watched as confusion spread through Yena's face as her eyes dropped down, looking straight ahead of her as she took in his words.

"The Lee Family..."

"The Lee Family. Known for their eyes which could turn blue when feeling deep emotions." Taeyong told her.

"Those eyes, the ones that are craved by so many people." Yena added. Taeyong nodded his head, confirming her words.

"That's right. But they're hard to find." Taeyong said, feeling his heart breaking at the thought of his family.

"I've heard of them from my father and a few of the clients." Yena said as she stepped back, turning away. Taeyong could already see the gears turning in her head. "But this doesn't make sense. Last time I checked, all the members of the Lee Family are-"

"Dead." Taeyong said, finishing the words for her, making Yena turn back around to face him. "At least they're supposed to be. My cousin and I were the only survivors."

Taeyong couldn't meet Yena's eyes as she stopped in front of him, taking each of his hands in one of her own. "Taeyong, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

Taeyong closed his eyes, shaking his head. He could feel his eyes turning back to their regular brown and waited until he was sure that the colour change had been completed again before opening them again. He gave Yena a small smile.

"After all that you've done, I think the least I can do is tell you the truth."

...

Yena couldn't believe her ears as she sat with Taeyong on her bed, listening to the story of his childhood.

He's gone through so much, I can't imagine living without my family.

"When Ten and I came back, there was not a single living soul in the mansion, only dead bodies. No one survived, it was only us." Taeyong said, his voice breaking at the end.

Yena instinctively held tighter to Taeyong's arm, pressing a soft kiss to his cheek. "I'm so sorry, who could do such a thing?"

"Only the cruelest people in the world." Taeyong said. Yena noticed Taeyong's face change as he looked away from her.

No, it can't be.

"You know who killed them." Yena said, no more emotion in her voice as she had a feeling what Taeyong was thinking.

"I do."

"Please don't tell me it was my family." Yena said, feeling herself break at the thought. She tried to recall what she was doing at the time Taeyong's family was killed but she couldn't.

I've killed too many people to remember.

"It wasn't." Taeyong said and Yena felt relief rush through her body.

But wait, if it wasn't us, then why is he still turned away?

"Taeyong, who was it?" Yena pleaded, letting her true emotions show for once. "Tell me, I'll help you get revenge on them."

Yena gulped as Taeyong aggressively turned back to her, his eyes back to their icy blue.

Something's wrong.

"The Ghouls, Yena. The Ghouls killed them."

...

Taeyong let his anger fade as he saw Yena's face change, her eyes becoming glossy.