Chapter 21

"Lights are going out in 3, 2, 1."

The second the room turned black, Taeyong blinked a few times before making his way to the front, following Yuta as they sprinted to the front.

Yena wanted the most expesive item.

There were no eyes again tonight and Taeyong wondered if he'll ever see another pair again.

Can't think about that now.

Taeyong shot Yuta a glance before pushing himself a bit harder, arriving at the table of items first.

The last one is worth the most, right? Taeyong thought as he decided to swipe the jar full of Phoenix ash at the end.

Taeyong noticed that Yuta was already heading out with one of the items already and decided that the ash would have to do as the other Ghouls began to arrive.

As Taeyong ran out, he came face to face with a few security guards and mumbled a curse under his breath.

I'm so sorry.

Taeyong took a deep breath before using his training to take out the guards before running out of the building, slipping into Yuta's car that was already waiting for him.

"I was starting to think that you weren't going to make it." Yuta said as he drove off into the night, heading straight towards the the abandoned church.

"I may not be familiar with the business but that doesn't mean that I'm not skilled." Taeyong said as he looked out the window, watching as the buildings fly by.

"Fair." Yuta said as he turned into the parking lot of the church, parking his car. Taeyong turned to see Yuta smirking as he looked at the fancy jar in Taeyong's lap.

"Someone's not here to play tonight." Yuta said before exiting the car, Taeyong quickly following.

...

He did it.

Yena stared at the items on the table, her eyes lingering on the fancy ceramic jar that Taeyong had brought in.

The most expensive item at the auction.

Yena felt glad that Jaehyun seemed to be impressed as well as he brushed his fingers along the different items on the table, eyes lingering on the ash as well.

"I'm done." Jaehyun said, stepping back and Yena did the same, giving Yuta nod.

It seemed like none of the items were ones that the Ghouls wanted to Yuta was assigned with selling them and later dividing the money.

Once they were done, Yena made her way to where Taeyong was, helping Yuta place the items in his car.

"Ready to go?" Yena asked the male. She watched as Yuta gave the male a thumbs up, letting Taeyong go.

Taeyong nodded his head and the two made their way down the streets of Neo City.

Yena had to admit, she wasn't quite sure if Taeyong would have been able to meet her request but somehow, he had done it.

"Did I do something wrong?" Taeyong asked, sensing her silence.

"No, you did everything right. Good job today." Yena said, complimenting the male.

She gave Taeyong a glance and saw that he had a smile on his face, walking with a bit more confidence than before.

Yena couldn't help but chuckle at the sight, which didn't go unnoticed by Taeyong either.