Chapter 5

Even with all the information Taeil had given him, Taeyong still felt uneasy as he followed Mark and Haechan down the streets at night. These auctions seemed like a much bigger deal than he expected, and Taeyong wasn't sure if he could handle it.

"We're almost there." Mark said with a smile and Taeyong could tell he was trying to lift his spirits.

"Hyung, you're going to love it." Haechan said with a sparkle in his eye. "Especially if you like gaming. Do you like gaming?"

"I love gaming." Taeyong said, forcing the negative thoughts out of his head to focus on the two boys instead.

"Hyung, don't be nervous." Mark said, and Taeyong guessed that he didn't want to hold back anymore. "I'm sure it would all work out in the end."

"Plus, we go to Taeil for every meal because he won't charge us, so if you need anything, he'll still be there to help." Haechan reminded him.

"You two are honestly too nice, I can't be more thankful." Taeyong giving the two boys a quick squeeze on their shoulders.

"We can tell you're a kind-hearted person so we couldn't just let you suffer alone." Mark said, Haechan nodding in agreement as they turned down an alleyway.

"We're here." Haechan such as Mark took out a pair of keys, opening the door to the side.

There was a staircase that went down as they entered before stepping through a curtain to reveal a basement that was decorated to look like a typical teenager's lounge, an organized mess.

"Welcome to our home." The two boys sung as Taeyong bit his lip, holding in the clean freak inside of him.

" The two boys sung as Taeyong bit his lip, holding in the clean freak inside of him

...

"Did you get all that?" Yuta asked as they walked down the streets of Neo City that night.

Yuta had just finished explaining to Yena how the Ghouls worked, which was simple enough.

It seemed like the Ghouls could do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. But their favourite thing to do was raid the auctions. That was why the black market auctions had gathered them together.

This definitely explained their wealth as Yena had noticed all of them were dressed well with clothes that belonged to many brand names. Their jewelry was also quite expensive.

Another interesting fact is that the Ghouls mostly referred to each other by their numbers or titles. Jaehyun and Yuta were close friends which is why Yena knew his name but Yuta told him that the rest wouldn't be important enough for her to bother memorizing their names.

They sure are an interesting group.

Yena smirked as she adjusted her hood.

"Of course I did, who do you think I am?" Yena said.

She watched as Yuta's face remained unchanged and Yena had to admit, she was impressed.

"You're a Kim, so I wouldn't expect any less of you." Yuta said as they stopped at the entrance of the building. "Plus, boss is waiting."