Chapter 29

"You said you weren't going to leave my side." Yena said with a pout as she rolled on her side, watching Taeyong get ready.

Taeyong couldn't help but smile at how cute his girlfriend was, despite the fact that she was still one of the most dangerous assassins in the world.

After confessing their love for one another, Taeyong had asked Yena to be his girlfriend. The girl was overjoyed and agreed, making their relationship official.

"You're working on your plan to take down your family with Doyoung today." Taeyong said as he sat on the bed, pulling Yena's head towards his for a quick kiss. "I think he can protect you as well as I can if not better."

"He's so annoying though." Yena whined.

"I made you breakfast. It's waiting downstairs." Taeyong said, hoping that would cheer Yena up.

It must have worked as the girl immediately removed herself from her bed, making her way to the door before turning around.

"You're forgiven for now."

...

Yena knew the male sitting on the couch was staring and she was tired of ignoring it.

"Kim Doyoung, if you want to look at me so badly, just come and sit here." Yena said, shoving another spoonful of Taeyong's food into her mouth.

She could tell her cousin was smiling as he walked towards the table, taking a seat across from her.

"Did Taeyong drug you or something? I've never seen you this happy." Doyoung said, making Yena narrow her eyes.

"Skip the chatter and talk about your plan. Do you really think Jungwoo could take his own father?" Yena asked.

Doyoung gave her a look. "Yena, we all know that the only one of our parents we can't take is yours. Are you sure you can handle him alone?"

"I won't be alone, I'll be with Taeyong." Yena pointed out.

"Even then, that might not be enough."

...

"Thank you for meeting up with me." Taeyong said as Taeil sat down across from him at a café Yena had suggested.

"Anything for a friend." Taeil replied, glancing at the menu. "You have questions, don't you?"

Taeyong had noticed this the second he met Taeil. Taeil knew a lot, a lot more than a regular pub owner should have.

Come to think of it, it was pretty weird that Yuta found me so quickly too.

"Who are you?" Taeyong asked, narrowing his eyes. "How do you know so much about the underground world?"

Taeil sighed, running his fingers through his hair, mumbling to himself. "I was afraid that you were going to catch on."

Taeyong watched as Taeil rolled up his sleeve, revealing the skull tattoed onto his fore arm. The interesting part was that unlike the others, there was no number.

"You're a Ghoul?" Taeyong asked, confused.

"Ish, I'm an informant." Taeil told him. "I'm an insider, a person that hides in the shadows. How do you think the Ghouls find out where every auction is?"

I never thought about that.

"Very few members know about me, only the most senior ones." Taeil said which only confused Taeyong more.

"But Yena didn't know." Taeil smirked at the comment.

"Jaehyun isn't dumb, he knew that Yena was a Kim and the Kims aren't people that could be trusted to him. He was waiting for Yena to be his before telling her, but we both know that didn't happen. So I'm only known to Yuta and Jaehyun and they are the only two I know as well."