Chapter 14

"Who are you?" Yena asked as she watched the male, Taeyong, sit up in his bed, rubbing his eyes like a child.

This is pathetic, how could he possibly join the Ghouls, Yena thought as fear spread through Taeyong's eyes as he realized her presence.

Yena stepped out of the shadows, keeping her arms crossed as she stopped beside her bed but realized her mistake as the next words came out of Taeyong's mouth.

"You're not wearing a hood."

Crap!

Yena tried not to show her inner feelings as she tilted her head. "You're in my house and it's the middle of the night. Why would I be wearing my hood to sleep?"

Yena wondered if Taeyong knew her identity but as his eyes soften, it seemed like he wasn't really scared of her.

Yena didn't like that.

"You own a nice place." Taeyong said with a smile. "What's your name?"

"You can find out once you tell me why you're here." Yena said but Taeyong only shrugged.

"I can ask you the same thing, all I remember is being knocked out."

I'm going to kill you, Kim Doyoung.

Yena gritted her teeth, knowing that she wasn't going to be getting any answers from Taeyong any time soon. So when she heard Doyoung's footsteps approaching, she didn't know whether to be glad or mad.

...

Taeyong tried not to laugh as he knew he had outsmarten the girl in front of her.

She may be skilled, but she's kind of stubborn.

"You're awake." Doyoung said, capturing Taeyong's attention as he suddenly entered the room. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to knock you out but we had to get out of there fast."

I don't understand, Taeyong thought as his smile faded, staring at Doyoung instead of the mysterious girl.

"Who are you?" Taeyong asked, meeting Doyoung's eyes. "I don't get it, if she's part of the Ghouls, why were you running away from them?"

Doyoung seemed taken aback by Taeyong's question as he turned towards the girl. "You told him?"

"No, you idiot. Who do you think I am?" The girl told Doyoung before turning towards Taeyong, glaring at him. That's when Doyoung realized.

"You two have met before."

Taeyong nodded his head and Doyoung let out a deep sigh, running his fingers through his hair.

"Taeyong, this is Yena. You can stay here as long as you want, she'll provide you with everything you need, including the money you need for the eyes." Doyoung said, taking Taeyong by surprise.

"What?" Yena exclaimed, clearly not expecting those words to leave Doyoung's mouth either but the male only shrugged.

"I told you, I'm only staying until he wakes up and he's awake now. I need to go home before my father murders me." Doyoung said, making his way out of the room.

Yena followed after Doyoung, leaving Taeyong alone in his room.

Taeyong debated following the two for a moment but as soon as the door closed behind Yena, he heard yelling and decided that despite being in a stranger's bed, he seemed to be in a better situation than Doyoung.

Instead, Taeyong decided to listen in, taking every word being exchanged outside so he could gather as much information as he could to come up with a new plan in taking the Ghouls down.