11: the notebook and remembering

soobin pov

me, hueningkai, beongyu, yeonjun, and taehyun were all sitting in the car excited to go seeing again. the last time we did we just did it for a "to do" episode. but now we get to finally explore new york without cameras and staff following us.

"ow! stop hitting me with your stupid elbow." i said to beomgyu who was sitting next to me. "you're just upset cause kai didn't want to sit next to his gum." beomgyu said teasing me. my eyes widened at what he said. the whole car went silent. i didn't say anything in response to him. i just turned away from him, looked straight ahead and started playing among us on my phone.

"so my little penguin, what do you have in your wish list for new york this time?" i heard yeonjun ask kai, then heard kai giggle cutely. "well, " i looked across the car at him and saw he pull out a sky blue notebook. that's odd thats my favorite color, kai's. i thought to myself.

huening looked down at his notebook, got a panicked look on hid face and quickly put his hand over the top of the book covering it. "what's wrong kai?" i asked looking at him confused.

then suddenly i remembered.

-flashback to when kai and soobin barley started dating-

"kai come on let me see it." past soobin yelled while chasing kai around the txt dormitory. "never!" kai yelled giggling. he hid in the recording room. when he saw soobin yelling after him walking away from the room he was hiding he laughed but quickly covered his mouth.

kai saw soobin come in the room from the side of the wall he was currently using as a hiding place. "ningning, i saw you run in here, if you really don't want me to see your notebook i won't look." soobin said in a loud voice, hoping kai would come out of his hiding place.

huening kai peaked out a little. "you promise?" he said in his adorable American accent. "i promise." soobin said smiling. softly at his best friend and boyfriend.

kai sighed and walked up to soobin. he held out his sky blue notebook. "you can read it." kai said shyly, and looked down blushing.

"are you su-"

"yeah, i mean it's about me and you so..." kai said and ran his fingers through his hair nervously.

i looked down at the notebook and saw it said: "mine and soobinnes wish list."

i slowly opened the book and saw there was pages and pages of our photos together like a photo book. but on the last page there was a photo of the first picture we took together. and above it read: "i don't know if you'll be my only but you will always be my number 1#"

beside the picture was a list that read "sookais wish list."

1: sing a duet together
2: go to Hawaii together
3: always be on mc music bank together as hosts
4: be each other's dates to everything
and finally the last one said:
5: kiss each other on new year's at time square new york

-end of flashback-

"hey! soobin! you there dude!" taehyun yelled. i shook my head snapping out of it and turned to him. "what?"

"you were zoned out and i couldn't get your attention. you ok?" taehyun asked concerned. "yeah," i looked at kai and saw he was looking right at me. we held eye contact for a minute having a conversation with our eyes like we always used to. i knew he was thinking the same thing i was. "it's ok." i mouthed to him and gave him a faint smile.

i looked away, put on my headphones and listened to music while staring out the window.