1: over

i don't matter, right?

-

hueningkai can't handle it anymore. the constant tug of war with soobin. one minute he's telling kai that he loves him and his favorite gum then when he tries to be affectionate with him in public soobin pushes him away. and in every vlive he always calls them best friends and brothers.

the last straw was when him and soobin were doing a arts and crafts vlive together. that was the day soobin was more affectionate with him then he usually was. he even almost kissed him in front of millions of viewers. but just when kai was happy and had hope that soobin would start being open with their relationship, he mentioned aria. saying how much he liked her, how pretty she was, and how much he missed her.

kai was actually gonna cry hearing him talk about her like that. as soon as the live ended kai ran out of the break/hangout room crying. he ran into his and yeonjuns dorm room slamming the door behind him and locking it.  he climbed up his buck-bed and hugged a stuffed animal tightly to comfort him.

hueningkai heard knocking on the other side of the door. "kai! kai! open the door, please." soobin pleaded while continuously knocking. "no! go away!" kai yelled angrily his voice cracking slightly and shaking.

"we need to talk come on!" soobins muffled voice said from the other side of the door. kai placed his stuffed animal beside his pillow and climbed down the ladder of his bed, walked towards the door and opened it.

there soobin saw a heartbreaking sight. kai was standing there with tears streaming down his cute face and was wearing a frown instead of his usual bright happy smile. "oh gum." soobin said softly stepping towards his boyfriend with his hand reached out ready to caress his cheek in a comforting way the way he always did when his gum was upset.

but kai stepped back not wanting soobin to be near him. "don't" kai said in a shakey voice. "kai i'm sorry for saying all those things about aria," soobin said. he sighed, looked down ruffling his blue hair stressfully and then looked back up at kai. "i just said those things cause i didn't want people questioning why we almost kissed."

suddenly kai laughed in disbelief and anger looking away then back at soobin. "that's just it," kai said. he swallowed the huge lump forming in his throat.  "you are always afraid of what people will say, what people will think, you care more about that, then about me."

soobins face was confused then slightly angry. "what? that's not true at all. you know i love you kai."

kai crossed his arms over his chest looking angry. "really? well i'm sorry if i can't tell considering if i as so much hug you you get scared and push me away afraid people will see."

"look i'm sorry ok for being afraid of how our relationship, it's just i don't want it to ruin the group reputation, i am the groups leader it's my job to protect it." soobin said

kai couldn't believe what soobin just said. "wait, so you're saying that you have to protect the group cause i could ruin our careers?"

soobins eyes widened realizing the mistake he just said. "no no kai, that's not what i mea-"

"i think me and you should break up." kai said seriously while looking soobin in the eyes.

"what, no, kai don't say that." soobin said

"no it's over, i mean it doesn't matter right? i don't matter right!" kai yelled angrily and hysterically now sobbing. he slammed the door in soobins face locking it once again.

-

thank you for reading

hope you enjoyed the chapter

stay safe 💜💙