16: the plan: phase 1

continuing from the last chapter

-

yeonjun, soobin, kai, taehyun, and beomgyu decided to go to a water park since they didn't get to really go to one the last time they were here. they all paid for their tickets and went inside the big park. they forgot to bring swim clothes but they didn't care if their clothes got wet since they were wearing regular clothes anyway.

"so what do you guys wanna do first?" taehyun asked the others. "i wanna go to the water slides." soobin said. "i wanna go to the playground." yeonjun. "i wanna walk across the lily pads in the water and just look around." kai said.

"ok how about this. we split up and go do what we wanna do ourselves then come back and have lunch together?" taehyun suggested. everyone nodded and agreed. "wait what are you gonna do?" yeonjun asked taehuun and beomgyu. "we'll go with kai." they both said.

"ok," yeonjun kissed kais cheek. "see you in a bit."

kai blushed and held his cheeks. "bye" kai said stuttering.

soobin rolled his eyes annoyed and muttered under his breath, "i could make him blush just by standing near him."

"i'm leaving." soobin said irritation clearly in his voice and then he walked away, just three more days soobin, three more days. soobin thought to himself.

"let's go!" kai said grabbing his two best friends hands and ran over to the Lilly pads. kai jumped on one, then taehyun who was behind him jumped on one and then beomgyu, and so on.

"so kai," beomgyu started to say has he jumped on a pad. he started wobbling and grabbed the net above him to balance himself. "yeah?" kai said jumping to the side. the lily pads went side to side instead of straight across. "i never asked you, why did you say yes to being yeonjuns boyfriend?"

"well, because he makes me feel good about myself and he helped me through my heartbreak with soobin." kai said sounding uncertain of how he should answer.

"what else?" taehyun asked.

kai stayed silent going blank. "i, i don't know."

taehyun and beomgyu looked at each other. their plan was working.

kai jumped out of the water and ran to the bread stand he saw. "wait huening!" beomgyu yelled running after him.

kai was sitting on a bench eating his bread he paid for, "leave me alone." he took a bite of his food while holding back tears. taehyun sat next to the maknae. "what's wrong hueningkai?" he asked genuinely concerned for his friend who was like a little brother to him.

"you're gonna hate me." kai said looking down. "we would never hate you, you're the angel of the group." beomgyu said.

"i got together with yeoney to, get over soobin." kai said looking up at the boys with glossy eyes.

taehuun bit his lip thinking of what to say. he was a little disappointed in the younger boy for doing that to their friend but understood a little bit.

"why didn't you just talk to soobin and try to work it out?" beomgyu asked.

"cause i was really really hurt that he didn't see me and him as people he just saw us as idols. and when he said all those things about our careers and him being a leader, it reminded me of the fact that none of us will ever have normal lives or relationships. i guess i was so angry cause i was living inside this little bubble where me and soobin were happy and together and were just two boys in love, but we're not, and we never will be." kai said.

"i'm sorry kai, i didn't know you felt that way." taehyun said and hugged him. and kai hugged him back. "it's ok. maybe me and soobin, hyung we're never meant to be."

"so what are you gonna do about you and yeonjun?" beomgyu asked kai.

""i'm gonna have to break up with him."

"before you do, just give him a chance ok." beomgyu said. secretly wanting his ship to sail.

kai nodded slightly smiling. "ok"

"huening! come over here!" they all turned their heads to see yeonjun standing by a water ride. kai shook his head and laughed. "i'm coming!" kai turned to his friends. "listen, please don't tell anyone ok, not until i do."

taehun and beomgyu smiled and nodded. "of course, your secret is safe with us."

"thank you" kai said smiling brightly then ran over to yeonjun.

beomgyu looked at taehyun, "phase 1 complete."

taehyun rolled his eyes at the blonde and pushed him in the pool. 

tbc

thank you for reading

hope you enjoyed the chapter 💜💙