Part 20

"Are you ready?" Chris asks.

I nod vigorously. I honestly want to get this over with.

"First, I need to get Riley away from those girls." Chris kisses my cheek and walks to where Riley is.

"Sorry ladies, but Riley really needs to go." Chris grabs Riley's arm.

The girls all "Oooh" and pout their lips.

"Boys! You are on soon. We need to be backstage, like right now!" A woman emerges from the hall.

She is taller than me, but only just. She has dark brown hair and is wearing glasses that is too big for her eyes.

"Come boys." She looks at me. "You too."

"We are coming Melissa." Chris says. He takes my hand and he and I walk around the hall, where we can enter it backstage.

Melissa to help set up the sound and all that I hardly had any knowledge about it.

"Who is she?" I point to Melissa.

"Our manager." Chris answers. "Now..." he begins, "Are you ready?" he caresses my cheek. I tilt my head to lean into his hand. His hand feels soft and my face almost fits into his hand.

I close my eyes and inhale. "I think so." I kiss his palm.

Chris cups my face with both his hands. "I will be there with you on stage. You can do this."

I smile at him. I couldn't believe I was going to sing in a few minutes.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Be heart fully welcome to this year's theme Cirque De Masquerade! And what a show we have for you tonight!" said Mr. Bakes, who was wearing a black and red suit.