Holding Our Horses

Shinsou woke up with a snap, the heat inside him and the invisible pressure on his head worse than before. Obviously that was the answer. Denki spent a ton of time wearing that apron, naturally it would smell like him.

He stumbled out of the car, drunk on hormones. The alpha pushed open the door, his pheromones causing people to back far away from him, omegas covering their noses to protect themselves. As he approached the counter, he saw Denki cover his face too, but Shinsou's gaze was pinned to the apron. All he had to do was get that apron and everything would be okay.

The omega across the counter stared at Shinsou uncomprehendingly, and the alpha tried to ignore the note of fear in Denki's eyes. He settled heavily on the counter's edge, then pulled himself up and over the marble.

A noise of protest came from the shop owner, Shoto Todoroki, but he was preoccupied protecting his omega mate Izuku and couldn't move to stop Hitoshi.

He nimbly slid over the counter and onto the other side where Denki was, burying his nose into Denki's scent gland. "Need apron," he growled quietly, starting, "Don't wanna-" He heard Denki whimper as the omega moved his head to give Hitoshi access to the throat, submitting. Shinsou squeezed his eyes shut, continuing, "Don't wanna touch- not consent-" Hitoshi inhaled again, nosing the scent gland. His heart thudded unevenly and he could feel Denki's doing the same. "Can I just-"

The pink-haired girl he'd seen earlier stepped in. "Okay, okay, we're gonna-" Hitoshi growled a bit, but the girl was unaffected.

"Shinsou, I'm Mina," she said slowly, emphasizing her name. "I'm a beta, so your pheromones aren't going to work on me. I'm just Denki's friend, okay? Just a friend."

Shinsou glared at Mina but allowed her to slowly pry him off of Denki and get him on the other side of the counter. Bakugou and Kirishima held him from behind, making sure he didn't move.

Mina walked over to Denki, who was still whimpering, and rubbed his shoulders soothingly, whispering something in his ear. Shinsou tried not to growl at how familiar the two were being. Denki flushed a deep red at whatever the beta said, but undid his apron with shaky hands and handed it over to Mina, who smiled.

Mina carefully handed the apron over to Shinsou, who sighed in relief, burying his nose in it. The beta smiled. "Okay, now that that's done, who's gonna drive him home?"

Denki was still kind of shell-shocked, even though it had been over an hour since Bakugou had driven Shinsou home, after five minutes of grumbling about "you damn extras."

The omega was staring off into space as the shop reached a lull in customers, his face red as he remembered Shinsou's lips on his shoulder and relived the sensation with a breathy sigh. Dang, he needed to ask for this guy's number.

Mina approached him from behind. "So... I approve."

"What?" Denki asked, thoroughly confused. Mina sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Your crush, Denks. I approve of him."

Denki frowned. "Why?" Denki knew why he approved of his own crush, but wasn't sure why Mina would decide she was okay with it. Ashido had always been hypercritical of his previous infatuations.

Mina sighed again, settling back on the countertop. "Denks, when you've been where I have, you figure out that there aren't a lot of male alphas that're gonna ask for the consent of any omega, especially a male one. This guy..." she looked up at Denki, the kajol around her dark eyes making them glitter in the fluorescent lighting. "He really likes you."

Denki closed his eyes. "I hope you're right."

Mina hugged her best friend, a smile on her face. "Don't let him go, 'kay?"

"Mina, we don't even know if he likes me back. Let's hold our horses here, okay?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n

Consent is sexy amirite

Literally all of the women in my family are unreported rape victims in some form or the other (including me) so I'm not sure if you'll ever see me writing scenes that relate heavily to rape. It's kinda hard to talk about, needed to vent to someone.

Consent is something I'm always gonna emphasize- that and the importance of the age of consent. It's likely that any smut I write is going to be gentle, I can't deal with degrading terms. Sorry ^^'

In case you're wondering, kajol is like a charcoal-y eyeliner used often in South India to highlight the eyes.

Facts about my life: I had a dream in which OtaYuri got married and it was super weird but at the same time MAPPA needs to release a season two before I cry- I'll probably write an OtaYuri eventually >:)

love and warm hugs -gale