Chapter 33 :)

And so, Mike and Will went on many dates and fell deeper in love with each other each day. The did everything with each other. Whether it was scary, nerve racking, or just plain old happy. They were always there for each other through thick and thin. The scariest thing they had done was "meeting" Wills father.
Of course Lonnie knew who Mike was before. Mike and Will were childhood best friends so it was pretty obvious Lonnie knew about their friendship. But this time Will wasn't introducing him as his best friend, he was introducing him as his boyfriend. And that's a lot different then just a friend.

"So that's what you've been doing the whole time huh? Fucking your best friend at the age of 7! I should've known, both of you are just little fags, screwing around all this time when I thought y'all were playing that stupid game you guys play!!"

Once Mike heard those words, he grabbed Wills hand and just simply looked at Lonnie and said,

"Thanks for having us for dinner, have a nice night."

Mike wanted to do nothing more than yell at Lonnie and tell him off. How dare he say that to the both of them. How ignorant and rude. But Mike was better than that. No matter how much he wanted to just punch Lonnie and watch him bleed, this was Wills father, and he had to be respectful.

That night Will cried and cried, sobbing and apologizing over and over again to Mike. He was ashamed, so embarrassed of him. Why couldn't Lonnie be like Mikes parents or his own mother, they were all so supportive of their relationship, couldn't he at least just pretend, for him?

But Will had also forgot who he was next to. Michael Wheeler. The guy who was his boyfriend and would love him no matter how his family treated him. Mike really did help a lot that day too. He told him that Lonnie could say all the shit he wants, but that wouldn't change the fact that Mike loved him endlessly. No matter what would happen. Mike had kissed all the tears away which caused Will to giggle and lightly sniffle. Mike always knew what to say or do, ever since they were little, and that's something that Will could never forget.

He was so lucky to have him as a boyfriend. Out of all the people in the world, he wouldn't change Mike for anybody. Not even fucking Harry Styles. Which is a big trade I say. But Mike treated him so well that it was nearly impossible to remember that there are other good guys in the world.

They were on a date right now, hand in hand just walking around the small Hawkins town. Mike loves to show people that Will was his own. On the other hand, Will would be scared sometimes, scared that someone would just start to beat the shit out of them just for being together. And he knew Mike would be the first one to throw a punch even if all they got was a glare. But god, if the world was just filled with peace and no homophobics, Will would be screaming at the top of his lungs that Mike Wheeler was taken by himself, which was something that Mike did all the time. Of course just the other way around. This always caused nudges and soft pushes from Will to Mike trying to make him shut up. But also hoping that he wouldn't because Will was in love when Mike liked to show him off, even if he didn't want to show it.

They were going on another cute picnic because Will knew how excited Mike got when he was in charge of planning these things. Will found it adorable when Mike would text things like "Hey loser, I finally learned how to make that cake we were talking abouttt! I'm bringing it to the picnic :D"
It made Will happy when Mike found new recipes and would just be over the moon about it. What can I say, Mike really enjoyed taking care of Will, and Will loved seeing it.