EMERALD

THE REPUBLIC

School was boring today, all I can thing about are the secrets my parents are keeping from me. I couldn't even finish my project, and this project is very important to me. I didn't even hang out with my friends, that's how much these secrets are bothering me. The things I use to love are insignificant to me.

"Hey. What are you still doing here?" I turn around and see my best friend Avery. "Hi Avery. I'm trying to finish my work." I tell her. "You seem distracted. Is everything okay?" Avery asks me. "Yea. I've been up late studying, and doing my project." I tell Avery. "Take care of yourself Em." I smile. "I will." I just lied to one of my best friends, but how can I tell her the truth, this will ruin her life and the rest of the Republic, and I can't do that.

OH MY GOD! I can't believe I fell a sleep. I look at the clock crap! it's pass 9. I'm late getting to the government building. I grab all my things, rush out of the library and head to the government.. Man I never knew the Republic could get this dark. Whatever happen to all the lights? Maybe it's their way of blocking out the Capital Federation from knowing everything about us.

I reach the government building. I check my surroundings, nobody is around. I set up my drone, it files over the building, there again are my parents, brothers, President Bishop, V.P. Price, and people from across the way. I let my drone hang in the air for a few minutes to try and get a better look at who this people are, and what they are trying to say. My drone zooms in on my parents face, they look worry. My drone also zooms in on the people from the Capital Federation, they also look worried and scared. I can feel something bad is going to happen. After a few minutes the people from the Capital Federation leave. My parents and brothers stay and talk with President Bishop, and V.P. Price. Right at this moment I decide I'm going to confront my parents.