SELENA

CAPITAL FEDERATION

Me and Angel finally made it home. We dodged every single drone in the sky. Angel looked nervous as we rushed through the streets. I could tell something was bothering him. We quickly got inside our home. Angel quickly shut the door and locked it.

"Angel look at me." Angel turns to look at me.

"Baby tell me what's bothering you."

"You were right. We should have just ran away."

"Why are you saying that now?"

"I found out today that Tobias and our military leaders are plotting to invade the Republic."

"Are you serious?

"Yes."

"Why."

"They want what the Republic has."

"And that is?"

"All the latest technology which is far more advanced than ours."

"How are they suppose to do that?"

"I don't know. Listen I'm tired. I'm going to bed."

"Okay."

This can't be happening. A war with the Republic. That's why production at the factor has been high. We are making all these new weapons for war. Why is this happening.?

Everyday it's getting so hard to live here. I think back to the days before Tobias Corbin became the leader of the Capital Federation when our families were still around, and we were happy, now in days me and Angel are alone with no family and a few friends, not much else. The pictures we have are the only memories me and Angel have of our families.

When Tobias Corbin became the unquestioned leader of the Capital Federation everything changed. Rules were put in place to protect us, but the reality of it, these rules were meant to control us. We got severely punished if we broke the rules, which happened a lot. People disappeared daily. Families were torn apart because Tobias Corbin needed labors. Every male and female were ordered to join the military for a period of 2 years. I finished my 2 years of service and now I work at a production factory. This mandate of joining the military for 2 years was put into place to teach us all to be subservient to our leaders failure to do so resulted in arrest and ultimately death.

"Babe you're still up."

"Yea. I was looking at our pictures."

"Lots of memories." 

"I miss them."

"Me too." 

"What now?'

"Just go on living our lives. That's all we can do."

"Okay."

"Come to bed."

"Okay." Let's see what happens tomorrow.