SELENA

CAPITAL FEDERATION

I had trouble sleeping. My mind kept on having all these troubling thoughts I couldn't get rid of. I couldn't stop thinking about what Angel said. A war is coming. Why would the Capital Federation want a war with the Republic? What would the Capital Federation gain from going to war with the Republic? Finding out the truth is going to be hard. All of our history records have been sealed by Tobias Corbin. We don't know anything about who we are as a people. Tobias Corbin aims to keep it that way. I need to ask Angel what he knows about the true nature of the Capital Federation.

"Angel! I need to ask you something."

"Okay."

"Do you know anything about our history?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"So we can understand why the Capital Federation wants a war with the Republic and so we can understand who we are as a people."

"Tobias Corbin hid those records."

"I know. Do you know where?"

"No."

"Okay. Off to work"

"Yea. You."

"Yea. Bye baby."

"Bye."

It's the same old routine, get up from bed, shower, eat breakfast and off to work. Today we make more drones. How exciting is that?, but today seems like a different day. I walked out of my house and there is the military lining everybody up to go to the town square. I know something bad is going to happen. 

When we all arrived at the town square Tobias Corbin and the military commanders are waiting for us. The soldiers are surrounding us. Oh no. Where is Angel? Tobias Corbin begins to speak. "Citizens of the Capital Federation you have all been brought here to witness what happens when you betray me and the Capital Federation. Bring out the prisoners." Three prisoners are brought out. I know these people. I work with them. They are not traitors. Tobias Corbin continues to speak. "These people are not the traitors, but they are the relatives of the traitor, loving mother, father, and sister. The traitor Adam, one of my own soldiers is now in the Republic telling them all of our secrets. Today you witness their execution. Begin." With three loud bangs they are all dead. Tobias Corbin and his military commanders have left. I did not just witness three innocent people lose their lives all because of one person. I knew Adam since I was a kid. I can't believe he left, and now because of him his family is dead. I'm shaking all over. Now I have to get to work.