Prologue

Kasi Yeh Yariyaan is a serial which premiered on MTV. It tell us the about friendship, togetherness, family relations and most importantly love.....

Nandini Murthy is a teenager who is 17 years old and lives in Mangolore with her amms(grandmother). She decides to move to Mumbai with her chacha and chachi for the treatment of her younger brother, Rishabh and for her to study in a reputed science college. She believes her fireflies only light up when there is true love. She accidentally collides with Manik Malhotra, and unknown to Manik, he saves her jar filled with fireflies and they light up when they both touch the jar at the same time. It is then believed that there is true love between Manik and Nandini though they are both unaware of this and thus begins their story.

Nandini soon joins college (S.P.A.C.E.) in Mumbai and become friends with Navya Naveli who is a girl from Patna. They soon learnt that the college they joined is full of rich spoilt brats and most famous of them are Fab 5 who bully other people for their fun. Fab 5 consists of  Dhruv Vedant a shy boy, Alia Saxena a barbie doll , Mukti Verdhan a tomboy, Cabir Dhawan a joker and Manik Malhotra their leader a bad boy who was son of Neyonika Malhotra,Head of S.P.A.C.E  Academy.

Nandini and Navya  team up to save Shahid who was bullied by FAB5, at S.P.A.C.E Academy from committing suicide. In order to protect the college's reputation, Nyonika Malhotra offers Nandini and Navya a full scholarship. This leads to Nandini and Navya becoming the targets FAB5. They soon became friends with Harshad Saxena who is brother of Aliya and is main rival of Fab5. He was earlier in relationship with Mukti but dumped her to get revenge from Manik. Navya unaware of this starts to fall for Harshad.

Nandini becomes the main target for Manik after she punches him in front of the entire college for his misbehaviour. Due to unfortunate circumstances, Nandini ends up being Manik's slave/spot where he continues on troubling her until his girlfriend Alya intervenes and asks him to leave Nandini alone as she feels he is becoming too involved with her. Alya's insecurity about Manik and Nandini causes her to hire goons to teach Nandini a lesson however Dhruv and Manik manage to save her. When Manik discovers that the goons were hired by Alya, he breaks up with her due to her mistrust.

Manik and Nandini's petty fights and constant bickerings bring them closer and they become attracted to each other. Manik realises that no one affects him the way Nandini does, which is why he is always drawn to her. Initially he fights the attraction but eventually gives in. Nandini begins to understand Manik a little more after he begins to open up to her and she realises that he is not the "Monster Manik" she deemed him to be and becomes aware of her growing attraction towards him, previously misunderstanding the racing of her heart around Manik to be hatred for him.

The night before the college talent show, Musicana, Manik confesses to Nandini how he feels about her and she too reciprocates......

This story continues after that......