Chapter-27

Author POV

After cooking cupcakes, both Manik and Nandini were tired but they really had fun together doing it. Soon Nandini kept cupcakes outside to cool after taking them out from the oven. Manik decided to sit on the terrace rooftop and Nandini brought two cups of hot chocolate for both of them. She saw Manik staring at stars aimlessly. She put the tray of cups of aside and sat next to him.

Nandini- What are u searching??

Manik was so lost that he got surprised for a second.

Manik- When u came??

Nandini- Just now so what are u seeing??

Manik- Nothing just thinking that earlier I used to see these stars to get some peace in my life or to think about something. But now these stars have given me a very wonderful gift, my own personal star is u.

Nandini smiled at Manik's words.

Nandini- U know Manik earlier I used to hate stars. I thought that these were just ball of gases. My appa loved to gaze stars very much. In childhood, I used to sit with him to see them. But after his death I started hating them. But only because of u I again started loving them. So I am thankful to u to make me believe in them again.

Manik- U know Pari used to like stars very much. We both used to sit on the terrace for hours. We would try to find make patterns by connecting them. It was really fun. When I lost contact with her then I always tried to find her in these stars.

Nandini- U know she must also be happy to see u like this living in her memories.

Manik- I hope so

Nandini saw that atmosphere was getting emotional so she decided to change the topic.

Nandini- Waise I have made hot chocolate. Want to try it??

Nandini gave him cup and took a sip from her cup. Manik too took a sip and relished it.

Manik- It's really very tasty.

Nandini- Thanks

Soon the night ended with both sipping hot chocolate and being slept beside each other under the stars.

Next morning arrived with new beginnings and aspirations. Nandini woke up by sunrays falling on her. She got up and saw Manik sleeping holding her like a teddy bear. She admired him for some time and then woke up to start her day. She was surprised by herself that she usually gets up early but now with Manik, she always got late.

Nandini- Good morning Aiyyappa, sorry I got late for waking up. It is because of Manik. His arms are really cozy and peaceful. I never had a good sleep like this. Now I should wake up otherwise I will not be able to do my work on time.

She brushed her teeth and went to make breakfast for them. She made south Indian breakfast for them ie idli and sambar. After making breakfast, she decided to take bath. Meanwhile Manik was sleeping peacefully but soon got woke up missing something beside him. He saw Nandini was not with him. He decided to check on her. He went downstairs and saw a delicious aroma was coming from the kitchen. Being a foodie , he quickly went and saw breakfast being set on the table. While Nandini came from back and wished him.

Nandini- Good morning Manik

Manik- Good morning

Nandini- Chalo brush ur teeth and take bath and then we will have breakfast.

Manik- Yeah. Waise last night was very good as u slept hugging me.

Nandini started blushing hearing him.