Chapter-9

Author POV

Manik and Nandini came inside the theatre and saw that Nandini's turn was going to come soon. So they both came into the green room as staff told Nandini that her performance is next.

Manik-Nandini u dont have to fear at all.

Ignore clothes

Nandini-Manik I know that u will be there for me but I am feeling little nervous.

Manik-Ok I tell u about my first performance. When I was told to go to stage then I felt that my feet are frozen. I felt that I couldnt move. It was my solo performance in my school for music competition. But then I remembered something which was told to me by someone who was very close to me. He said that " Manik just close ur eyes and put ur hand on ur heart and then tell me what do u see??" I told him that I saw faces of my all closed ones. U know he smiled and continued "So just sing for these precious faces who want u to see happy and want that u will excel in life. Just sing from ur heart and pour all ur emotions in the song. If the audience can connect to u through the song and can feel ur emotions that means u have succeeded in conquring the hearts of audience and there is no one who could beat u."

Nandini smiled at his words and tears followed through her eyes.

Nandini-Thank u Manik for this wonderful advise. Now I know what is the secret of ur popularity of ur song. I will always follow this and just thank that person from my side.

Manik smiled sadly at her.

Nandini-What happened??

Manik-Nandini that person is not beside me now. I dont know where she is??

Nandini-She??

Manik-Yeah my childhood friend who always used to stay beside me in every situation. I called her pari as she was my angel.

Nandini-What happened??

Manik-I dont know as she just vanished from my life. Both of our families used to stay in Mangalore. But my dad had to transfer to Mumbai for business. We all moved to Mumbai and I lost contact with her.

Nandini-Then u never went to meet her.

Manik-No I went to search for her. We had a music competition in Mangalore so I had to go with Fab4. I was happy as I would be able to meet her after so many years. I made an excuse to them and left alone to search for her. But when I reached her house it left me shocked. Her house was completely destroyed. So I asked from neighbours about their family. But they said a very big accident took place and all of them died in it.

With that Manik started crying and Nandini quickly hugged him and kissed on his forehead.