101. When people think Wattpad is only for fanfictions.

Okay, I cannot count how many times I've said that I'm reading on Wattpad and someone asked me what fanfic I'm reading.

IMMA STOP YOU RIGHT THERE SIR,

Yes, fanfictions are a huge part of Wattpad, but that's not all it is.

I mean, this isn't a fanfiction, is it?

If I'm being honest with you, I have only read one Wattpad fanfiction and it was by accident because I didn't know it was a fanfiction, ya'll should really make it a little clearer.

And most of the time people associate fanfictions with smut, and if you don't know what that is google it because I don't want to explain it.

ANYWAYS, smut. I do not read that stuff so the fact that Wattpad is so strongly associated with it is kind of disappointing.

I'm not saying ALL fanfictions are smut, but you have to admit a large percentage is.

Anyways, I'm going to tell you a little story about my friend and her step-sister.

My friend strongly dislikes One Direction (no hate on her please) and her step-sister is obsessed.

So, when her sister saw her phone with the app Wattpad on it, the first thing she said was, "I KNEW YOU WERE A CLOSET DIRECTIONER!"

Her reasoning?

Because my friend had Wattpad.

I understand fanfictions are what Wattpad is most known for, but that's not all it is so it's very annoying when people only see that part of Wattpad.

There are a lot of amazing authors that write non-fanfictions and I just feel like they should be appreciated.

SO HERE'S A THANK YOU FOR ALL THE WATTPAD AUTHORS THAT PROBABLY HAVE TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE ASSUMING THAT WHEN THEY WRITE ON WATTPAD THAT IT'S A FANFICTION.

Keep doing what you're doing.

WOAH IS THIS THE END ALREADY?