nine

Today we decided to sit inside. We didn't immediately go there but that was fine because we knew our table would be empty anyways. Everyone knows not to sit there.

We walk into the cafeteria. I take my words back. What are these bitches doing at our table? They have their back turned to us, both brunettes, and they are sitting very close to each other. I give Caleb, who is walking next to me, a nudge and and nod in their direction. He nods back at me. He looks like he's holding himself back from chuckling and gives Vincent a look. What was that?

We walk closer to the two girls and can now hear them talk. "I missed you babe." Says one, that I now recognise as the new girl.

Don't pretend that you don't know her name.

Wait. Did she say babe??

Are you jealous? Would you like her to call you babe?

As if that will ever happen.

But you want it to.

Fuck off.

I walk a little faster and walk around the table so I can look them in the face. "This is our table." The unknown girl next to Julia -I knew you know her name- looks at her nails and then up at me. 

"Oh, really. That's cute." She says. 

"So move it." Vincent, Wade and Caleb reach the table. 

"What, it's not like your names are on here." She gestures to the table. I reach for my pocket knife and hold it up to her before scratching the four of our names into the wood.

She smiles a smug smile and holds her hand up in front off Julia. Julia looks the hand and then at her. 

"What?" She asks. 

The other girl looks at her. "You know what. You always have it with you and don't try to convince me otherwise." What are they talking about.

It looks like Julia doesn't know either. "I don't know what the fuck you're talking about." She looks at us before saying: "This one's a bit crazy." 

"Hey!" The girl punches her shoulder, hard. 

Julia laughs. "Okay, you're right." The girl has her smug face on again. "Totally mental." Julia says. 

Now the other girl laughs too. "But seriously." She says when she's done laughing. She holds her hand up again. 

"Fineee." Julia groans and grabs something from under the table and places it carefully in her hand. 

"Thanks babe." 

"But don't fucking break it."

"Break it?! Watch out that that thing doesn't break you!" Wade says. I couldn't agree more. I don't know where it came from and I don't think I wanna know but what the fuck. 

The other girl chuckles. "You'd be surprised how easy you can break one of these." She twirls it around in her hands with a smile on her face.

"I'll take it from you." Julia says with a warning laced in her voice. 

"Fine I'll hurry up." She scratches something in the wood of the table and gives the knife back to Julia and it disappears under the table again.

"Charlie." Wade stands behind them while reading the name out loud. 

"That's me." The other girl says. 

"And.. What does that say? Cobra?" 

Julia pushes a giggly Charlie out of the way and reads it for herself. "Are you fucking kidding me?" She looks at Charlie. "I'm gonna murder you when we get home."