three

After a couple hours of school, it's time for lunch. My favorite time of the day. The four of us usually meet up at the back of the school where we smoke some cigs and eat some food. Unless one of us finds some sugar. If you know what I mean. If we're not there, we're at 'our' table in the cafeteria. If we don't sit there, no one does.

I make my way to the back of the school and everyone's talking about some new girl that is supposed to be coming to our school. She'll probably be new to the area because it seems a little late to just change schools in the beginning of the second semester. But anyway, I don't care. She'll probably just be another one of those annoying cheerleaders. I grab my lighter and my cigarettes from the pocket of my leather jacket and light one up.

Turning the corner, I say hi to Vincent and Wade who are already here. "Can I have one?" Vincent asks. 

"Yeah, sure." I hand him one. "Where's Caleb?" 

"He just texted me that his teacher is going on and on about how he didn't do anything in class." Vincent says after he takes a drag. 

"Ah shit, RIP Caleb. He was a good friend. But most of all-" Wade gets interrupted by Caleb who makes his way over to us. 

"I'm here, I'm here. Calm your tits." 

Vincent chuckles. "Why'd you interrupt me? I wasn't finished yet." Wade says with fake disappointment.

"Anyway, did ya'll hear about the new girl?" Caleb asks. 

"Yeah." 

"Yup." I say. 

"Nah, I didn't. Something for you River?" Vincent says. 

I smirk and turn to Vincent. "How didn't you hear about that? Everybody's talking about her and she hasn't even showed yet." 

"Could be because I was a little busy..." Vincent says with a smile on his face while running his hand through his hair. 

"Damn, who was it?" I ask. 

"Who do you think?" We all look at him. 

"Was it her again?" 

"Yes, it was her again."

Vincent has been hooking up with the same girl for a few months, nothing exclusive, but I wouldn't be surprised if they where in a few weeks.

"Did you pop the big question yet?" Wade asks Vincent. 

"Yo, dude, calm down. You make it sound like I wanna marry her. But.." 

"What?" 

"Yeah, I did ask her." 

"Well, what did she say?" 

"She said yes." Vincent says with a goofy grin on his face. 

"Dude! Congratulations!" I lightly push his shoulder. 

"Congrats!" 

"How'd you do it?" 

"We were making out in the janitors closet and I just asked her." 

We laugh. That does sound like him.

The rest of lunch we just talked and smoked our cigarettes.

~

After I drop the guys of at their houses I ride back to mine.

I really need to remember myself to call Knight. I'll do it when I'm home. I turn the radio up and drown in my thoughts for the rest of the ride. Yes, I do have a lot of those.