twelve

Yesterday keeps replaying in my head. Why did Nola run towards them? Luckily, I pulled it off and we left as soon as possible.

It was still a little weird though.

Tonight is my first time working at Masons club. I'm a bit nervous but I know I can do it. I just hope they like me there. Mason will be there so that's a plus.

"Mommy?" Nola climbs to the couch and snuggles up against me. 

I wrap my arm around her and give her a kiss on the top of her head. "Yes baby?"

"Can I watch a movie with CC when you're gone? And can I stay up please? I promise that I won't be grumpy tomorrow." 

I smile. "Of course you can watch a movie with CC. And I'll talk to CC about staying up. Not too long okay?" I feel her nod against me. 

"Thank you mommy." She wiggles her way from underneath my arm and runs back to her room.

~

I park my car and lock it before walking towards Mason who's standing at the door with another male.

"Moon! I see you still like to be on time." 

"Joshua! I haven't seen you in forever!" I give the 6"7 tatted giant in front of me a hug. "I missed your hugs!" We pull away from each other. 

"How are you? And how's flower doing?"

"We're doing great! How're you and Olivia? I heard you got a little one on the way." I say with a smile.

"Yes! We are so excited!" He beams and leans in. "Between you and me, I'm hoping it's a boy."

Mason clears his throat. "As nice as this whole catching up is." He looks at me. "You have to get to work."

I nod and give Joshua one last hug. "Say hi to Liv for me!"

Mason gives my arm a tug. "Yeah, yeah. I'm coming." I grumble. I hear Joshua laugh as Mason and I make our way inside.

"So, I didn't give you a full shift yet." 

I open my mouth to protest. 

"Stop. It's because I want you to get comfortable with working in a club again, before you go all out." 

I sigh. "Fine." 

"You have bartending for the first two hours, then you have a 15 minutes break and then again for an hour."

"The changing rooms are around that corner. Your locker is the 6th one on your left. I put a black long sleeve and a t-shirt in there for you to pick from. I'll wait here for you." 

I mock salute him. "Yes boss." And walk towards the changing rooms.

I enter the door with 'woman' on it and walk to my locker. I change into the long sleeve before walking back to Mason.

"Julia, this is Alexandra. Alex, meet Julia." 

I look at Alex. She has beautiful light eyes, in contrast to her naturally dark skin and her dark hair. 

She slaps Mason on his arm. "Don't fucking call me by my full name dipshit." She grumbles.

"Anyway. Hi! I'm Alex. The club manager. I take care of everything here when he's not around." She gestures to Mason. "But let's be honest. Even when he is around, I still take care of everything." 

I laugh. "Nice to meet you Alex. I love your twists, did you do them yourself?" 

"Thank you so much. And no, I unfortunately didn't inherit my mom's hair-style-skills." She smiles at me. "Here is your earpiece by the way." She hands me the small device and I put it in my ear. 

"I have one too." She puts her hair away from her ear so I can see it. "I will be online the whole time. Just push the lower button to speak to me. The upper button is for Joshua. If a customer gives you any trouble, tell him. He'll throw them out. Or get another bouncer to do it."

"Uhm, anything else? Oh, the upstairs vip rooms are only for certain waitresses. You're not allowed there unless I say so or if someone requests you to be. I think that's it. If you have any questions, please do not be afraid to ask."

I smile at her. "Thank you." 

She smiles back at me. 

"I have to go now but have fun Luna. Call me when you get off?" 

"I can get home by myself Mase." 

"I know when you get off so don't even try to trick me." He gives me a kiss on my head and murmurs something in my ear. "You'll do great."

He stands up straight again and gives me a reassuring smile. I smile back.

He walks away, backwards. "I'll wait for ya!" 

I give him a mock glare and flip him off. I hear his laugh disappear around the corner and chuckle before turning back towards Alex.

"You two seem very close." She fumbles with her clipboard. "And you seem like you need some peanut butter. You know, for that jelly." I reply in the same tone before giving her a grin. 

She scoffs and bumps her shoulder into mine. "I work for him." 

"So? I saw the way he looked at you when you told me about everything."

"Oh honey, don't get my hopes up."

RIVER

I hear a car pull up in front of my house and make my way to the front door. I check for my keys and phone before opening the door.

"You ready?" 

"Yeah." I walk behind Vince to his car. Amelia wanted to go to a club where she knew someone, with Vincent. Vincent doesn't like dancing, so he asked me to come. I didn't want to be a third wheel, so I invited Ver as well.

I step into the back of the car, next to Veronica.

~

The car stops and we all step out. Vincent locks the car and we follow Amelia around the queue to the entrance of the club.

"Hey, Josh. Can you let us in please?" Amelia asks the huge bouncer. Josh gives us all a glance. "I don't know. Are y'all over 21?" Amelia opens her mouth but Josh cuts her off. "No, didn't think so." Amelia grumbles something and walks away. Josh gestures for us to move away too. Amelia grabs her phone, taps a few times and holds it to her ear.

I give Veronica a look. "Thanks auntie." Amelia made her way back to us. "She'll be here soon." I see a small woman make her way around Josh and wave at us. Amelia walks towards her and gives her a hug.

"It's okay Josh, they're with me." He shakes his head and mumbles some profanities. The small woman leads us inside. The music is booming and there's people everywhere. I'm curious to see how this night will end.

Hopefully with a girl in my bed.

/how i imagine Alex\