ℂ ℍ 𝔸 ℙ 𝕋 𝔼 ℝ 𝔽 𝕆 𝕌 ℝ

A/N: This chapter mentions alcohol abuse. Please read at your own discretion.

C H A P T E R   F O U R

Peter was on his way from Camryn's house when he saw the bank across from Delmar's Deli being robbed. Peter quickly moved into an ally and changed into his suit that Tony Stark gave him after the incident in Berlin. He had to admit, it fit much better than the outfit he had before. He shot webbing against his backpack and attached it to the wall before taking off towards the bank. He stuck on to one of the walls of the apartment complexes, observing the men from the outside. He wanted to get a good look at what they were doing before rushing in. It appeared that there were four men, all of whom holding unfamiliar weapons, dislodging an ATM and stealing the money from it.

"This high-tech stuff makes this too easy," one of the men said, prompting the others to laugh in disbelief. Three of the men were taking the money while one stood guard with what appeared to be a machine gun. Peter walked into the bank silently, and it appeared no one realized he was there. He hadn't confronted a robbery yet, and he had no idea what to say, or if he should say anything at all. He leaned against the metal door frame and cleared his throat.

"Hey guys!" all the men looked at him, alarmed, "forgot your PIN number?"

Peter realized they were all wearing Avenger masks. He refrained from laughing at them, as they looked like they got their masks from a Spirit Halloween store.

"Oh you're the Avengers!" he exclaimed before shooting his webbing at one of the robber's weapons, throwing it against the other men's heads. One of them charged towards him and Peter swiftly deflected his blow, throwing him towards one of the men. "Thor." Another came up and Peter jumped towards the ceiling and kicked him, "Hulk, great to finally meet you guys." He hung upside down and looked back at the beaten robber wearing the Thor mask, "I thought you'd be a lot more handsome in person." A robber wearing an Iron Man mask came swinging at Peter's head, which he dodge blissfully, "Iron Man! What are you doing robbing banks, you're a billionaire." He grabbed the robber's hand and threw him towards another, knocking them both to the ground. A man wearing a Captain America mask grabbed a giant weapon off the ground and aimed it at Peter. Though just as Peter was about to attack, he was frozen in mid air, unable to move.

"What is that?" he struggled, "this feels so weird!"

Peter was thrown against the wall by what appeared to be some kind of levitation weapon. He had no idea where these common criminals got them from. It seemed so alien to him, or at least like the technology Tony Stark would have. But he knew Tony Stark didn't give his weapons to criminals. At least, not anymore.

"What is that thing?" Peter asked before being thrown forcibly against the ground and ceiling. "I'm starting to think you guys aren't the Avengers!"

Peter gripped the ground beneath him in an attempt to resist the levitation weapon. He shot his webbing at a metal desk behind the masked robber and pulled it with full force against his back, knocking him down. Meanwhile, across the street, Mr. Delmar called the police to report a bank being robbed. "Spiderman is fighting the Avengers in a bank on 21st Street."

Peter kicked one of the robbers to the ground, "alright let's wrap this up guys, it's a school night." One of the robbers grabbed the levitation weapon and attempted to fire it but were immediately struck to the double glass doors of the bank. Peter jumped on the window and lifted the incapacitated robber's mask. "So how do jerks like you get tech like this?"

But before he could get a response another robber picked up a large weapon and charged it, aiming it at Peter and the robber next to him. He realized it was going to fire so he pulled the man away from the window and to the ground as the weapon fired a purple beam through the doors. It fired out of control and broke all the glass windows, and even destroyed Delmar's Deli across the street. Peter looked up and saw the deli in flames.