ℂ ℍ 𝔸 ℙ 𝕋 𝔼 ℝ 𝕋 𝔼 ℕ

C H A P T E R  T E N

Peter came home excited for the homecoming dance. He still couldn't believe that Liz agreed to go with him. It was like he was still living in a dream. He went straight to his room and started getting ready. He put on a white collar shirt and black dress pants. He threw his black blazer over his shirt before looking in the mirror. He fixed his hair and buttoned up his shirt. He looked at his collar and noticed he forgot to buy a tie.

"Idiot," he groaned.

His aunt May came into his room holding a blue striped tie, "this was your uncle Ben's favorite tie."

Peter looked at May and sighed, "I don't know how to put on a tie."

"Neither do I," May chuckled.

May and Peter pulled up a tie tutorial on their computer. Peter fidgeted with his tie, trying to get it right. May tried helping him with hand gestures. After Peter put on his tie, May adjusted it and fixed it. Peter got up and showed off his outfit, which May clapped excitedly. Peter put on his all black Converse and grabbed the corsage that he got for Liz.

"You look handsome, Peter," May exclaimed.

"I just hope it goes well," Peter said nervously.

"It will, just don't be too touchy," May assured.

Camryn was in her bathroom with her mother, having her hair braided. She wanted only her scalp to be braided, and the rest of her put up in a high bun. This was a process that took three hours to do. She had to wash her hair and then treat it. Then her mother had to section her hair evenly. Diana had gotten better at braiding coily hair over the years. When Camryn was little, her hair was a mess because she didn't know how to treat it. She was just glad she could style her hair.

She loved braiding her daughter's hair.

"Alright, missy," Diana smiled, "we're done."

Camryn looked in the mirror and saw that her mother had braided her hair with tight crochet braids and pinned in in a high bun. She added a jeweled pin right where the bun was, which gave her hairstyle more pop.

"I love it, mom," Camryn smiled.

Diana leaned in and kissed her daughter on the cheek. "Get dressed and then I'll take you to Liz's house."

Camryn nodded as Diana left her bathroom. Camryn pulled out her makeup bag and started to do her makeup. She put on a light coat of primer and foundation. She wanted to go for an elegant look, so she did a light and dark brown smokey eye look and added gold glitter on her lid. She did a bold wing on her eye and put on her favorite false lashes. She contoured her face and added a dark nude matte lipstick. She fixed her brows and darkened them only a little bit.

She was a bit proud of her look.

She put on a pair of gold earrings and a long gold necklace before finishing it off with a fake gold chain bracelet.

Camryn put on her black long sleeve romper and a pair of three inch black high heeled sandals. She grabbed her small purse and phone and made her way downstairs. As she was walking down the stairs her parents looked at her in awe.

"You look beautiful, sunflower," Lance smiled, "I'm still not over that neckline."

"It's fine, Lance," Diana rolled her eyes, then turning to Camryn, "you ready to go?"

"Remember Camryn-" Lance began but Camryn finished, "no drinks, no drugs, no getting into cars with strangers and, for the love of god, no boys."

"As it should be," Lance smiled before giving her a kiss on her forehead, "have fun, baby."