~Prologue~

Prologue

The tanners were kooks family friends of the Cameron's and moved from California for their dads work

Rich Tanner although seemingly like the don was nothing but a pawn of Evelyn tanners. A chess piece moved only when she saw fit.

When picturing Evelyn Tanner you'd picture her as the queen or better yet the king on a chess board but Evelyn didn't fear inescapable capture she feared lack of control therefore making her the opponent. Evelyn ran a tight ship and had everyone in her family in line at times although her daughter attie would stray from the stereotypical view of their high class family she was always put back in place. Eventually like a doll house of misapprehension.

Their family was close before outer banks.

Kat was the youngest age 13 and best friends with wheezie, they spent most their time together after moving to outerbanks and before hand she was stuck to attie like glue the two doing anything to annoy their big brother Charlie.

Charlie was 17 a year older then attie although they was basically like twins before outerbanks glued to each other like magnets until outerbanks when things got complicated.

But here let us introduce You to our dear attie the one who will be capturing your attention like your a piece in chess. Attie was 16 the middle child of the family and definitely the black sheep of the family too. Her mother who was known to have no favourite although if she did it certainly wasn't attie those to never got along they rivalled each other in anything weather it was political views or which milk was better skinned or whole. rich her father was basically never around and if he was he spent most time buying gifts for Kat as she was 'the youngest' but more like the favourite but nether the less he'd be teaching Charlie how to 'take over the business' because not only was he the oldest but like a true patriarchal family he was the son too and despite atties desperate pleas to be taught too she never was. She never even wanted to learn she didn't want to be a business women like her father and mother only wanted attention of them. But To sum up our dear attie you could say that without her siblings to keep her grounded attie felt like an outsider like she was a stranger in her own home. Attie often used quotes to demonstrate her feelings or mood most would say it's because she wanted attention, she wanted to outshine everyone in the room show off her wits. But attie she never really cared what anyone else thought weather they allowed her in their clique or sub-missed her to loneliness. Guess that's why her and Evelyn never got on they both shared an antheis towards each other. She used quotes as a way to show what she felt in a moment she could not describe herself, don't worry she didn't speak pure pride and prejudice and quote Emily brunte like she was a god nor did she always speak of literatures only when she knew that any word she could say in that moment wouldn't grasp her feelings enough because attie was never one with emotions she couldn't tell you she loved you or that she felt like her world was sinking into the most abysmal abyss because to her it made her feel weak and vunrable like she was ripped out of her shell of comfortable lies. Maybe if her every thought wasn't so debilitating and if all her memory's weren't so enervated then maybe she'd share tell them why she was smiling but she'd actually have to smile a genuine smile first. One where it makes time stop in motion and life can't help but be frozen in a spectrum of contempt but that's something atties yet to experience.