~party not the grand ball~

After attie has arrived home she was soon shipped of along side her brother, sister and mother to the dress shop just near the cross country club

"Okay so I've chosen a dress for your Attie" her mother called as she laughed out a massive golden ball gown

"Mom" atties eye brows raised "it's a party not a grand ball"

"Nonsense" her mother shushed her head try this on over their while I choose your sisters dress and brothers suit.

As attie changed into the golden gown she loosely placed her hair into a soft bun letting small peices fall to shape her face.

She walked out of the changing room making her way to the front window of the store,

"Okay perfect mademoiselle, step up onto the stage here yes yes perfect" the older women said as she held a tape measure.

"I was right it fits you like a golve" the women smiled to herself as she attie stood on the stage her back to the massive glass window at the front of the shop.

Attie done a couple of spins laughing lightly as her brother made jokes about her looking way to over the top only for her mother to scauld her saying she was wrinkling the dress with her stupidity.

don't get her wrong she love the dress the gold made a feel like royalty and the matter how big it was she felt like a princess, The way it lifted as she span round in circles brought smiles to all or how when she stood on the stage near the window the sun light hit of the sequins in the dress creating its own disco ball effect that could only be described at perfect.

It was crazy to think in such a massive dress the only word she could think to describe it was freeing.

"Mom Charlie's right this dress is too much"

But this was midsummers and a ball gown the size of the party was not going to look right she needed something simpler something softer yet more elegant.

"Well I can show you some more- " the lady offered but Evelyn quickly declined.

"Nonsense"

"Mom can I choose a few-" and before her mom could interrupt her with a long sighful NO she went to pick dresses leaving on the note "it's not like your wearing them anyway?" She bit back

Attie managed to pick out 4 other dresses she liked and got changed into each giving her family a twirl in each.

Her mother off course disapproved of them all saying she looked ridiculous in one and had to much back fat to pull of the other but attie always turned a bold eye sure it hurt her deep down but showing she cared would only please her mother more.

"I think I've chosen mine" attie smiled at her dress as she passed it to the women.

"Perfect we'll keep the dress for sizing and what not and deliver it to you soon along side your sister dress and brother suit and off course miss Evelyns dress and Richards suit too"

"Okay thank you" attie smiled awkwardly as she made her way over to her family ready to get in the car to go home.

By the time they'd got home everyone had scattered to their rooms as attie climbed the stairs to hers only to be stopped by her mother.

"I know you done that deliberately"her mother snarled placing her hand bag on the table and walking towards the bottoms of the stair case.

"What"

"Disobeyed me like that"

"Mom it was just because that dress it was too much"

"I should of known I mean come on like you could pull of the dresses you chose"  attie looked down at her feet "I mean that tight one really you were just highlighting your worst assets you're not Sarah my dear you can't pull of everything"

"What this got to do with Sarah" attie snarled

"Everything you know I bet she'd let rose choose her dress sarah manages to withhold respect dosent she"

"You don't even know her like I do you act like she's this perfect person, you know she hates me right"attie snarled stepping down the steps towards her mother

"Do you blame her what's to like" her mother questioned harshly as she looked her up and down,

"Mo-"

" no I mean seriously you're worthless what I give to have Sarah as my door inside of you I mean what did I do to deserve such disobedience from a child I think I've worked hard enough to be able to get child worth my time" her mother said glaring at attie

"You don't mean that" attie said

" oh but I do you're just you're just one big massive mistake" her mother yelled at her as she grabbed her bag of the nearby table and left into the kitchen.

Attie felt a tear roll down her face as she wiped into going to enter her room.

She locked the door behind her slowly slipping down it as she huddled on the floor in a silent cry.

After a couple minutes of Silent tears she eventually noticed the diary she had yet to read and decided it was best to take her mind off things at least know the truth as to why she was such a mistake.

Authors note;
I've been stuck with so much work
But I'm trying to keep uploading
Keep voting and commenting
Love you x