23

Lying in my room, under the covers, I clench the blanket tight as we unfortunately had to take time off because of me.

Hunk wasn't thrilled- but his concern for his comrade kept him quiet as he often visited my door with Paladin lunches he's been practicing.

Each time, carefully walking in, taking the dry- empty plate at the foot of the bed and replacing it with a better try then the first.

I turned around with deep eye bags and smiled at Hunk slowly sitting up.

Just Hours ago, after some time in a healing pod, and help to my room. Shiro stayed with me all the way through when I was first eating the lunch slowly calming the shaking and pure pain in my thin muscles.

"How's the shaking?"
He asked as he sat at the foot of the bed bringing up the plate and handing it to me. The first couple of times- sure- he was scared to even be this close. But now, after finally realizing what lengths i'd go through to resist.

He, quote on quote, couldn't be with anyone safer.

Leaning on Hunks shoulder while closing my tired eyes. I looked up at him with a genie smile.

"...I'm sorry for scaring you all like that.... ya'll Just look so...tasty."
I honestly said what's been on my now functioning mind anxiously waiting for his answer.

"To be honest, it just made everything feel... real. Like like um- how kids think they're never gunna get kidnapped or killed just someone else then it happens to them.... sorry if that didn't make sense. You scared us because we thought we lost you. Not because we thought you were going to kill us." He laughed nervously at the end as I just smiled and leaned my ear against his chest. Hearing his heart beat and soul together beating as if it was mixing ingredients into a bowl filled innocence.

"I like everyone's heart beat, everyone has a different Rhythm. That tells who they are deep inside you know?"

He shook his head.

"Uh- no?"
I giggled a bit and stood up cracking my back then took the empty plate.

Looking towards Hunk, I smiled and said.

"Now let's go rescue that rock you admire shall we? I mean if you still want to that is- oh! If she breaks your heart can I eat her?!"
He immediately jumped up with a smile on his face, going to rush out the door. Until my last comment caught him off guard making him smack into the wall.

"NO!"
He continued running while I just shook my head, I put on my clean Paladin gear and head out. The doors slid open to reveal everyone already in here.

I waved then put a peace sign with my fingers over one eye.

"Dean... your alright?"

Facing towards Keith, I smiled and responded.

"Of course I am! Your all too irresistible to be gone for long!"

...ok that was a bad joke but come on we need a little bit of comic relief ya know?

"...okay? Anyway we need a plan of action."
Wow way to attack my social anxiety.