ten

»»——⍟——««

it was a couple days later and the two of you had finally gotten over the shock of finally living together, and the two of you had finally given each other some space after barely leaving each other alone for the past couple of days. it was 8pm and you were relaxing in your room, mostly because you had just woken up from a nap.

you got up from your bed and walked out into the kitchen, where wilbur was. he was holding a glass of water, looking down at you.

"i thought you lived in a constant state of dehydration?" you said, looking up at him.

he pursed his lips, humming lightly. "doesn't mean i don't sometimes drink water."

"true." you nodded. "hey, i think i left my glasses on your desk. could i go get them?" you asked, already on your way to his room.

"yeah, go ahead." he nodded, lifting the cup up to take a sip before coughing into the cup.  "wait-" he coughed, reaching towards you, but it was too late.

you gently pushed the door open by the handle, because it wasn't closed, and all you could see was wilbur's monitor showing his stream, showing you in his doorway, and his other monitor on a geoguessr screen. you stared for a bit out of shock, before closing the door and turning around, staring up at wilbur.

"yeah, i'm gonna pretend nothing just happened and you can hand me my glasses later..." you said, laughing nervously.

"i guess i forgot to mention my viewers were forcing me to go drink some water."

you started to walk back to your room, but then stopped, turning around to him. he was just looking back at you, sipping his water. "do you think they would recognize me?"

"oh, yeah, definitely. stupid question, honestly, y/n." he nodded. "the only reason why im currently refusing to go back into my room to talk to stream is because i know they're going to freak."

you grimaced. "let's hope your mods are okay."

"shit, my mods..." he gasped. they're on their own for the time being, i guess. i don't think there's any calming down the stream anytime soon."

"what if i just open your stream on my phone and see what's going on?" you suggested, taking your phone out your pocket, unlocking it and going to the twitch app. "ah, so like... your chat's in sub-only and all your subs are saying 'we don't know nobody' and 'suddenly i'm blind'."

"i should get back in there, huh." he sighed.

"sorry for the chaos." you smiled at him.

"sorry, my ass." he mumbled playfully. "my mods expect an apology."

"more from you than from me, you're letting them deal with that alone."

he sighed and got back into his room. "i'm back, chat." you heard him say through the door.

you went back into your room and continued watching on your phone as wilbur's chat erupted.

"'who was that?' that was nobody, guys, don't worry. my flatmate opened my door on accident." he said, laughing it off. "'stop lying, we're not dumb'. lying? i'm lying? says who?" he scoffed. "chat is being naughty today. chill for a second, yeah? me mods need a break."