fifteen

you rushed out the apartment building, turning on your phone and searching up all the nearest pubs. you didn't exactly know what you were doing. what would you do once you reached a pub?

go around and stare at everyone until you recognized one as your 6'5 teddy bear? bring up a photo and ask around? oh, yeah, like the pub would be filled with middle aged men who give a fuck about who comes in. you scratched your head in frustration as you started walking to the closest pub.

-

four long hours had passed of you going to a pub, apologizing to the staff as you ran around trying to find will, and whenever you couldnt find him, you'd rush out the door while screaming another apology.

you felt like crying from how frustrated you were getting. you had gone to nine places already, and it didn't feel like you were going to find him anytime soon.

"this is such a stupid fucking idea, i don't even know why i started doing this, but i'd rather do this shit than anxiously wait at home for him. god, i feel like throwing up and bawling my fucking eyes out right now." you mumbles angrily to yourself, gripping harshly onto the door in front of you and flinging it up.

a bartender looked up at you as the door closed behind you. "welcome, what would you like? maybe i could start you off with a-"

"hi, sorry, maybe next time." you said quickly, nervously laughing afterwards. "i'm really sorry, but i'm just here to find someone, i hope that's okay."

"ma'am, i don't think you should disturb the establishment like this..." the bartender said apologetically.

"please, i'll be quick. i'm just gonna go around and see if i recognize anyone and then i'll be on my way."

"ma'am, really, i'm sorry if you're having issues with your significant other, but i can't have you going around disrupting my customers whilst they're enjoying a drink."

"a drink in the middle of the day? i'm sure they won't mind me angering them since their lives are already so disappointing that they feel the need to day drink." you sneered. the bartender went quiet, but a customer at one of the booths stifled a laugh. it sounded so familiar, so you ran over towards the direction.

the lighting was dim, but the hair looked like will's. your heart skipped a beat as you gasped, running over to the man, but frowned instantly when he turned to you. "you're a little feisty, you americans live up to your image." he winked. "you're looking for the man of your dreams, aren't you? i'm right here."

you cringed. "he exists, you're just not him."

you left the pub and sighed, rubbing your face aggressively with your palms to wake yourself up. as you walked away from the pub, wilbur walked out from the bathroom hall.

"god, she's insane." he laughed at himself. "thank god, she didn't know where exactly the laugh was coming from."

he sat down at where his seat was, grabbing the cup in front of him and staring down at it, his smile turning serious as he sits in his own thoughts. "i guess she really wants to find me." he taps the glass gently with his right pointer finger. "she's probably been at this for hours, fuck." a wave of guilt washed over him, causing his lips to unconsciously tug downwards into a frown.

he took his phone out whilst finishing his drink with one swig with his other hand. he read through all your messages quickly, his heart feeling heavier with guilt. 'i'm sorry, i'll be home soon,' was what he had messaged you. he got up from his seat, sighing.

you felt your phone vibrate in your pocket, so you checked it, eyes lighting up as you read will's message. 'please be safe' you messaged him back before putting your phone away, trying to flag down a taxi.

-

you'd been home for hours, pacing around the living room area in front of the apartment door waiting for wilbur to come back home. he had texted you at 6, and currently, the clock had just striked 11.

you were so worried, you thought about calling the police. tommy managed to convince you that will was safe and that he a bit more time.

you sighed as you heard your stomach growl. you hadn't eaten the whole day, and walking around london for four hours definitely tired you out. if you had a tracker, you'd have hit well over a hundred thousand steps.

it wasn't like you hadn't tried contacting him either, but your calls went to voicemail like before. your texts were being read as soon as you sent them, but there'd be no response. it pissed you off, in complete honesty.

you started getting frustrated as a couple more minutes had passed. you buried your face in your hands, your mind filling up with thoughts of guilt. 'maybe if i had said something first. i shouldn't have let that fucker facetime me again, will saw and it made me feel so bad. i should've just taken a nap to pass the time, i feel like throwing up now. i hope he's okay, god, i hope he's safe.'

-

886 words
210401