thirteen

»»——⍟——««

"will, can you please talk to me? you've been avoiding me these last couple days, and it's honestly driving me fucking insane." you spat, standing directly in his way. it had been days since the night he caught you and nothing's been the same, and you wanted to know why.

'please, i have something to say and it's not that easy when you haven't been talking to me' you thought dreadfully.

"hi." he simply said, staring down at you.

"talk to me." you pleaded.

"did i not just say hi?"

you frowned. "don't be a fucking smartass, will. what the hell's with the silent treatment?"

wilbur hated the fact that he tried so hard to forget about what happened, but he couldn't stop thinking about you and that guy. he shut down from it, and every time he saw you, his mood would plummet.

but it wasn't you that would ruin his mood, he loved you. it was how you still talked to guys who don't value you that pissed him off, but the main factor was he did in fact get off on seeing you act the way you did. the way he wish you'd act towards him.

nothing was on his mind the last couple days more than the thought of you saying those phrases and more to him.

"i'm sorry." he simply said.

your eyes widened. "wait, hold on. don't apologize, you didn't do anything wrong." you quickly said. "i just miss talking to my best friend. look, can we talk it out or something?"

"what do you mean? there's nothing to talk about, y/n."

"then why are you avoiding me?" you demanded. "you don't look at me the way you used to, i can see it. i know what i did was disgraceful. i should've closed my door, and i shouldn't have even responded to him when he asked to facetime, i know."

he hated how guilty you looked, and he felt guilty himself for stressing you out because he ignored you. "why did you?" he asked, catching you off guard. "respond, i mean."

"it's been a couple weeks since i moved here, and you know how insecure i am. i just... he likes me- well, maybe not for me, but for my body. i can't seem to love my own body, but the fact that someone else does makes me so happy, will. i just-"

"i could do that." will raised his voice unconsciously. "god, y/n, you're so fucking blind." he rubbed his face.

"what?" you asked, feeling offended by the second statement. "you could do what?"

"you..." he took a step forward, making you flinch and step backwards. he leaned down and cupped your face suddenly, a thumb lightly grazing your bottom lip. your breath hitched, feeling your heart pound against your chest.

"will?" you whispered, eyes darting back and forth between his eyes and lips while his eyes were completely locked onto your lips. you gulped nervously.

'tell me the feeling's mutual and that i'm not fucking stupid for wanting to kiss you right now' you thought.

your heart rate had increased significantly since a couple seconds ago. you wanted to feel his lips so bad and felt like leaning in and taking the initiative but...

"i like you." he finally said, chuckling bitterly.

"i..." you were shocked.

"so. fucking. much." he breathed out, leaning in a bit. the thumb on your bottom lip tugged down gently, slightly opening your mouth. "i wanna kiss you so fucking bad right now, y/n. you need to be kissed so hard, you can't remember your name." he said unconsciously before backing up suddenly, eyes widened. "holy shit, i am so sorry."

"wait-" you blushed insanely hard at the spoken acronym. 'he figured out what it meant' you thought.

"i've probably made you so uncomfortable. i am so sorry, y/n." he scrambled over to the kitchen to grab his keys. "i'm going to be out of your sight for a bit, please don't be mad at me. forgive me, yeah?" he started running out the door.

"will, wait!" you called out, running out the door behind him but he was already gone. "how am i supposed to forgive him if he hasn't done anything wrong?" you asked yourself, pulling put your phone.

you stood still for a second, registering everything that had just happened. so many things started going through your head. 'when did he start liking me? how long has he been hiding this? does anyone else know? what's he been thinking about these past couple of days?'

»»——⍟——««

766 words
211124