Day 12 | Whodunnit? - Almost Burning Down the Kitchen

Day 12: The girls attempted to make Christmas cookies, causing them to almost burn the kitchen down. Everyone is suspicious.

-----

They followed the instructions perfectly: measurements were exact, the oven was at the right temperature, and they weren't Midas in the middle of the night (actually, he was nowhere to be seen, hiding up in his [no longer golden] room for most of the day, which was good for the people baking).

And now the oven was on fire.

The group stared at the smoky oven, confusion consuming their thoughts. Skye wondered if she put in one too many cups of sugar or maybe missed a step while she was taking a group photo. Nothing out of the ordinary struck her mind, so what happened?

Jules was just as confused as everyone else, except she was slowly going towards the mad side of things. She didn't mess anything up. She couldn't mess anything up. She was Jules, and if one thing's for sure, she did her part to a tee.

Maya was the most suspicious of the group, staying quiet for most of the prepping time. She asked the occasional question but did what needed to be done. However, that doesn't automatically mean she was the cause of all of this: she was a professional agent, after all.

TNTina was also suspicious, given that she does main in explosions. She was also the one who almost messed certain components up. However, all eyes were mainly on her for most of the time, meaning there wasn't any time for her to slip something in (as a cruel joke).

They all discussed the possibilities with each other, each person giving their own alibis and reasonings. Eventually, the inevitable question came around: If it wasn't any of us, then who was it?

Jules went over to the oven and looked inside, throwing her goggles on as a precaution. She looked in to see a mess that hadn't been cleaned in a few days, a mess caused by-

"Midas," She looked up, the urge to strangle him becoming stronger by the second, "He never cleaned out the oven. His mess is still in there. It's his fault." Turning towards the others, she took her goggles off, softly placing them on the counter: an action that contrasted her current state of mind.

Nobody stopped her as she walked out of the kitchen and towards the stairs, and nobody questioned why Midas was stuck cleaning the kitchen for the rest of the night.