Day 7 | Late Night Snacks

Day 7: Skye and Kit watch a holiday movie together

-----

Just a few more seconds...

As if on cue, the popcorn in the microwave started popping, only a few at first. The calm before the storm. Skye watched the bag slowly increase in size until the popcorn was finally ready. She took the bag out exactly seven seconds before the set end time, being careful as to not burn herself.

After the popcorn was in the bowl and the flavoring was added, she made the walk back to her living quarters, not knowing that she was being followed by a small cat operating a robot.

Kit was out of his room after his bedtime for one reason and one reason only: to do a quick log update on the elf (today, it was hiding in the fruit bowl in the kitchen). Unfortunately, he was stopped just short of the kitchen, seeing as someone was in there.

Curiosity got the best of him and he followed Skye down the hall, wondering what she was doing with the popcorn. He must've been watching too well because he proceeded to bump into a wall, alerting the person he was watching of his presence.

"Kit..?" She asked, trying to make out the figure in the darkness of the halls. He meowed an angry response, hoping he didn't make a dent in the wall. "What are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?" She walked over towards him as he turned off the machine, jumping down onto the floor and walking to meet her in the middle.

Kit meowed another response, quickly explaining his situation to Skye. She nodded as a response as he spoke, snacking on popcorn in the meantime. Once he finished, she switched to holding the bowl with one hand, picking him up with the other (he did not like to be picked up), and carrying him back to her room.

She put him down on the floor in front of the TV, placing the popcorn bowl down in between them. He meowed a question, wondering why she brought him here.

"You need to stop worrying about the elf so much! It's not gonna hurt you or anything!" She smiled, picking up the remote she left on the floor, "So I'm taking the initiative and inviting you to watch a Christmas movie with me!" She pointed at him then herself with her free hand, pressing play on the remote with her other hand. The lights automatically dimmed, a feature she specifically asked for in her room.

Kit was surprised his actions led to this happening, although he did not consider the possibility of somebody being awake at this time. It was true that he was spending a lot of time studying and logging the actions of the elf, but he didn't believe that he was going that far. Maybe it was good that he took a break, but maybe that could also lead to a disaster in the future.

At least there's some tasty popcorn to munch on.