Day 3 | Kit's Adventure With the Elf on the Shelf

Day 3: Kit's sixth day of logging the strange creature that appeared in the Agency

-----

Kit's Creature Log (Day 6)

It's been about six days since this strange creature showed up at the Agency. It showed up on the day after Thanksgiving and has been around since, moving locations overnight. My father told me it was magic and it used said magic to report back to Santa to tell him if I was good or bad during the day. However, Midas told me it was "childish garbage" and that Santa wasn't real.

Of course Santa was real! Who could deliver all those presents in one night? Not that stupid Midas, I'm sure. And I'm sure that stupid Midas didn't have a strange creature that moved spots overnight and watched him. Nuh-uh.

Kit paused for a moment, thinking about what to type up next. He didn't have much to report today besides what he already wrote and the current location of the strange creature (a wreath in the Agency's kitchen). He quickly typed that up and ended his log, sitting back in the chair specially made for him at his desk.

Curiosity stuck his mind (luckily not killing the cat) and he quickly searched something up. The result he was looking for popped up quickly, giving him the knowledge of the name of the strange creature.

Log 6 Update: I have found the name of the creature, though it seems pretty long. Maybe it's the scientific name. Anyways, it's called the Elf on the Shelf, meaning that it was one of Santa's elves all along. Why aren't they making toys? Who's making the toys?!

Kit took a breather for a minute, nothing these questions down to ask Meowscles later.

The point is, I don't wanna call it the Elf on the Shelf. Too long. Also hard to say in cat language. Maybe I should ask Jules to see if she could make a cat translator so I don't have to aggressively meow at everyone in cat all the time.

He noted that for later as well.

Maybe I'll call it Bob. Bob the Elf. Sounds cool. A little nerdy but it fits what it looks like. Maybe it's the eyes... no offense to anyone named Bob, of course.

//End Log

Kit hopped off his desk chair and onto his mechanical suit, wanting to ask his questions before he forgot them again. He had a habit of forgetting things and these were some really important answers he needed to get for tomorrow's log. This was even more urgent now, especially since tomorrow is the one week mark of Bob being around.

While searching for one of the two people he needed to talk to, he encountered Bob once again, whose bright blue eyes seemed to be following his every movement. Kit shuddered as he slowly turned away from the creature, continuing his walk around the Agency.

'I'm just seeing things... right?'