Day 17 | Late Night Snowflakes

Day 17: Skye and Kit make paper snowflakes together

-----

It was another night of elf hunting, another night of popcorn, which led to yet another movie night between Skye and Kit. During the movie, she got up to move the (empty) popcorn bucket, grabbing printer paper and scissors. She sat back down, kit quickly noticing the new materials she grabbed. He looked curiously, a bit confused.

She folded and cut the paper in multiple different areas and shapes, eventually unfolding it to form the final product: a paper snowflake. Kit jumped off of his vehicle and took a few steps towards Skye, who was now creating another snowflake.

He watched carefully, using his paws to fold the paper as best as he could. He managed to not mess it up entirely, only going a little over or under the other edges. The next part posed a challenge, however: how was he supposed to cut the small parts when he couldn't use scissors (lack of thumbs, for the most part). While looking at his paw, an idea hit him.

Skye watched carefully as Kit attempted to cut through the small, folded paper with his claws, trying to make a design of some sort. Eventually, it did cut through but not as neat as he wanted it to.

She felt a pang of guilt, watching the cat struggle without thumbs. There was nothing she could do about the thumbs part, but she could help him with the snowflake. She held it still for him, making the process much easier than before.

Once he finished, he opened it up, watching the paper expand to his very own paper snowflake. He was amazed, admiring his creation from all possible angles. He grabbed it and jumped back onto his vehicle, laying it out in front of him.

They both went back to watching the movie, enjoying it more now than before.