Day 6 | Snowmen for Dummies

Day 6: Jules goes out to build a snowman even though there's barely any snow on the ground

-----

"Looks like it did snow last night," Brutus said while looking out one of the large windows, drinking his second cup of coffee that morning. The group was redecorating until well past midnight, Midas (and Kit, because he had a bedtime) being the only members who were actually well-rested.

"Nice observation, Captain Obvious," Jules chuckled while she just happened to be passing by, decked out in warm clothes and a backpack filled with mysterious items, "I'm going out to test some top secret things. Don't let Midas outside!" She winked, walking backward directly into the door outside.

Midas quickly entered the room, ranting on about something Brutus wouldn't have been able to figure out if Jules wasn't just in the room.

"This is fucking stupid Jules! There's barely any fucking snow on the ground! You're just gonna break everything!" Midas kept shouting, speed-walking towards the door the former just walked out of. He was still wearing his night outfit and didn't even look close to being ready for the day, implying that Jules might've (literally) dragged him out of bed for this.

Brutus grabbed Midas's arm with his free hand as the latter was passing by, "Midas, look at me." Midas dramatically stopped (due to his arm being restricted against his will) and turned to look at the taller male, "What is she doing to make you this upset?"

"Well, first of all, she dragged me out of my room to tell me about 'how much it snowed,'" He put his index finger up, "Which was a lie, of course, as you can see." They both looked out the window, watching Jules take mysterious objects out of her bag, also looking at the dusting of snow on the ground. There were no more than two inches on the ground, barely enough for little kids to play in (However, also outside were Meowscles and Kit, the former teaching the latter how to make the perfect snowball with the limited amount of snow).

"And then," Midas put up a second finger, then retracted it, "Well, that's really it." Brutus finally let go of Midas's arm, seeing as he wouldn't run outside and continue to curse Jules into oblivion.

"She's Jules. She knows what she's doing," Brutus said, taking another well-deserved sip of coffee.

Midas sighed, "I know that, but she gets pretty discouraged when something of hers doesn't work," He leaned on Brutus's shoulder, "I know that firsthand. She almost gave me a second scar because I said something after something of hers failed!" Midas laughed at the memory, looking up at the taller man he was leaning on. He quickly moved away, noting the slight awkwardness from the other.

Meanwhile, Jules was making great progress outside. She's already used her next great invention to gather and filter out as much snow as possible, watching it come and go as it dropped small piles of snow in front of her. Although there wasn't as much as she expected, there was just enough to make the perfect snowman if done correctly.

Of course she was going to do it correctly. It was in her blood, after all. She giggled to herself, constructing the base of the snowman...

It took a good chunk of time before Midas was officially ready for the day, considering the order of things was out of order since the moment he opened his eyes. He constantly double-checked to see if he did certain tasks, even triple-checking some, and forget a few in the process. But after a while, he was finally ready.

And the first thing he was going to do was see how Jules's snowman was coming-

Oh. It was done already. Decorated and everything.

"Told ya I could do it," Jules said with a smirk. She looked at her accomplishment with pride, ignoring the shock on Midas's face.

A little goes a long way, as they say.