Day 5 | Gold and White Lights Do Not Delight

Day 5: Midas finally decorates The Agency with lights only to receive "constructive" criticism from everybody

-----

It only took the entire day, but finally, the grueling task was done. The Agency, illuminated with the brightest gold and white lights around, finally looked like it was ready for the holiday season.

Midas looked up at his hard work, shivering from the dropping temperature (good thing Meowscles didn't get into his winter clothes). It was the traditional color scheme, the traditional way of decorating, just the way he liked it. The way The Agency stood out against the ever-growing darkness of the island around him gave it the extra pop it needed, making him even prouder of himself than before.

One of the doors to the outside of The Agency opened, Skye quickly coming through the doorway. She noticed the lights outside of her window and just had to see what they looked like. Maya quickly followed after her, never having seen the lights before as she was the newest member.

"Did you finish yet?" Skye questioned, skillfully sliding on a patch of ice as she jogged over to Midas. Maya continued to follow her, choosing to walk around the patch of ice instead.

"Just did. What do you think?" He smiled confidently, continuing to admire his handiwork.

"I personally think it's quite enjoyable. Good job, Agent Midas," Maya stated in her neutral tone, continuing to use honorifics with her fellow agents.

"Thank you, Maya," Midas replied, turning to look at Skye for her response. She thought for a moment before responding, "Looks like it did last year except on a different building."

"No, it doesn't. I used a mix of new and old lights to create the perfect combination," He used his hands to demonstrate, "I also changed the pattern to accentuate the build's features perfectly." Skye rolled her eyes, keeping her stance on how the lights looked to her.

---

It was now completely dark outside, the only light coming from the moon hidden behind the cloudy sky. Chances are that it was going to snow tonight...

Ding

His phone has gone off at least twenty times within the past ten minutes, which wouldn't be unusual if they all weren't from the people he was in the same building as. They knew he was in his office, they knew his door was open whenever he wasn't in meetings, so why didn't they just come upstairs if something was that urgent.

Ding

He finally picked up his phone, looking through the (now) twenty-one messages that were sent in the group chat. His frown increased as he continued reading through them, reading through the criticism of the light from everyone.

He didn't admit that these were constructive criticisms (even though they were) and disregarded their comments, trying to keep his confidence up. This is the way he's decorated for as long as he could remember, and it's the way he liked it.

And then he had an idea.

Alright then. If you guys hate how I did the lights, then you guys do it. >:)

He sent the message (with the emoticon included, which meant he was serious about this), and soon enough, on the cameras, he saw everyone walking into the storage room. They all looked for other decorations (especially lights, which he had loads of for some reason).

Maybe it was good that he took a break from being a leader for once.