Day 15 | A Present Hunting Adventure

Day 15: Everyone goes out to find presents for their Secret Santa

-----

Meowscles had a very vague idea as to what to get Jules for the Secret Santa event. By 'very vague,' he honestly had no idea where to start. She likes inventing things, she's creative, and she's very straightforward. It shouldn't have been that hard, but apparently, it was.

So here he was, staring at the rows of items he didn't know the purpose of. Rows of paint, tools, boxes, you name it.

He thought about new tools, but after visiting her workspace that one time, he figured that she owned almost every single one in existence. He did notice how worn out her work gloves were, noting the patched and seams that were slowly coming apart.

And that's where he went with his idea.

---

Kit was on his own adventure in the same store as his father, already having an idea for Skye's present. He found this item while looking up random words online one night, trying to keep himself awake during another night of elf watching.

He rode his vehicle down various aisles, looking at the huge signs for help. Eventually, he got to where he needed to be, letting a happy meow escape his mouth when he saw exactly what he was looking for. The item was a dinosaur light that changed colors when you tapped it.

Honestly, he wanted one for himself but resisted the urge to grab two as this gift wasn't for him.

---

"Maya should be easy," TNTina whispered to herself, scanning the rows of books, full and empty, to find the perfect gift. She had a basic idea, but it needed to be perfect, especially for her partner-in-podcast.

She continued to scan the rows, eventually coming across a forest green notebook. She remembered how Maya's journal was practically falling apart but constantly insisted that as long as she could write in it, it was perfectly fine. So here TNTina was, going against the wishes of the former to make her happy when that fateful day comes around.

She picked out a nice card and a small gift bag, the perfect arrangement forming in her mind as she checked out.

---

Skye and Maya went out together, considering their recipients were Kit and Meowscles, respectfully. They discussed potential ideas on their way to the store, eventually coming to the perfect ideas for them.

Skye had the idea of getting Kit snacks, considering how much he enjoyed the popcorn they had during their mini-movie night. Maya managed to find Meowscles an industrial-strength ball of yarn, considering his previous one got destroyed by unusual circumstances (seriously: nobody knew where it went).

They picked out similar wrapping paper just for matching purposes and went on their way, completing their duo mission.

---

Brutus was at a total loss. How could he possibly get something for Midas? He felt like a physical gift wouldn't mean anything to the latter, but there was only so much he could do. Christmas was only ten days away, and here he was, sitting on a cold metal bench in the middle of a crowded town center.

He saw groups enjoying themselves, couples taking pictures in the middle of the sidewalk, kids begging for toys they spot in shop windows. It was like some cliche Christmas movie, and a bit strange for a casual Tuesday night.

And that's when the perfect idea came into existence, and that's when he got to work.

---

Meanwhile, back at The Agency, Jules was handcrafting her gift. She had the parts and the idea for a while, but it was pure luck that she got the person she was already building this for. Although Jules and the others did rig the name picking for Midas and Brutus, she didn't expect to get TNTina as the recipient of her gift.

The aforementioned project was put on hold ever since Thanksgiving when she started to become more involved with the holiday season. At least now she has an excuse to continue working on it.

Jules has been in her workspace for most of the day, watching the others going off one by one. The only other person who was still in the building was Midas, who was having a mental breakdown in his office.

---

At this point, Midas was about to give up. He's been trying for days now, barely leaving his office unless it was absolutely necessary. He's had little to no luck in finding something for Brutus. Everything he considered good enough was, in fact, not good enough. Cash seemed asshole-ish, something expensive seemed too much, and nothing was just plain rude.

He might as well go with nothing if he couldn't find anything soon.

Maybe I could just ask him... No... that'll be too obvious. Well, I have to do something.

He slammed his head on the desk, hoping for a Christmas miracle.