"I say I'm tired when really I'm furious"

Asami-

I'm sorry I didn't write sooner. After Zaheer poisoned me and I had to come home I felt like the world came to a screeching halt, and it never started back up again. The past couple years have felt so stagnant but everything about the past few weeks has been a really horrible wakeup call for me. I knew that the world kept spinning, but I wasn't brought along with it and everyone else. I didn't fully understand just far things had moved along without me until you and Tenzin came to visit, and now it feels like I have so much catching up to do, but I can't because I'm still fucking stuck here, all because I couldn't even put up a good fight in a sparring match. And the only reason I couldn't is because I'm haunted by either Zaheer or myself. I'm starting to think that maybe you're right about this vision of myself that I keep seeing but even just entertaining that possibility makes me angry and upset all over again. What am I supposed to do if I'm stuck with her for the rest of my life? I tire myself out trying to answer that question.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to be in the South Pole anymore but I don't know where I'm supposed to go if everybody thinks I'm still not ready to return. I was feeling hopeful for the first time in years...I really thought that I would be coming back to Republic City with you. Being without you again is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I don't think I was ready for it. I really miss you.

Love,

Korra