Twelve

Izzy and I were pretty out of it few hours, before thinking of kicking our shit in gear and deciding to go out into public. "What all is on the list?" I asked him, sticking my head out of the bathroom door. He stood next to the counter, legs spread wide apart, scribbling things down on our 'list'. "Needles, Coffee. I can't think of anything else I want." I continued bagging the dirty laundry into a large garbage bag. "What about food?" I suggested. "Oh- yeah. Wait we have banana's." I smacked my head- hard against the stupid wall, trying to bag Iz and Bill's gross, dirty man laundry up. No doubt leaving a red mark across my forehead. "Jeff help me get this stuff together!"

"I'm writing the fuckin' list." I stood up and started dragging the bag behind me, the clothes were so wet, that they were quite heavy all bunched up. "Fucker, you don't even know what we need."  "Stop cussing at me, Jerk off." I pushed him into the counter. "I know you are, but what am I." "You're a brat, that's what you are, Kat. It even fuckin' rhymes, I'm going to write a song about what a little brat you are." I nodded. "So, I've been told, dick." He shook hi head, popping his neck in the process. "Let's get out of here, we don't need any fucking food." Izzy grabbed the clothes from my hand and his wallet off the counter. I grabbed the list off the counter even though we didn't really need it. "Let me put my shoes on." He stood by the door. "Hurry, Ass-munch." I grabbed my sandals and slid them on. "Stop calling me names, Stradlin." He threw the bag over his shoulder. "Sorry, let's go now." He put his hand on my back and lightly pushed me out of the apartment. We were headed for the twenty-four hour laundromat down the street finally. "Here take the keys and lock 'er up." Izzy swung his keys around on his index finger, handing the key ring to me. I did the task quickly. "Here take them back I don't want to be responsible for them." He held his hand out, I handed them over. He went to slide the keys in his pocket dropping them on the ground. "Damn it." He bent down, picking the set up. And we finally headed down the rickety stairs together, making jokes every five minutes about Iz having a huge 'sack'. Which was funnier than it sounds.

Even though we were both fucked up out of our minds and carrying a garbage bag down the Sunset Strip, we thankfully still weren't the weirdest people out. No matter how strange or 'different' you think you are, there is always someone weirder in California. "How long does it normally take to wash clothes?" Izzy questioned as we walked down the Boulevard. "A couple hours, why do you ask?" "I need to know if I need to pick up some more drugs." I nodded. "I think you'll be okay." He shook his shoulders. "Maybe." "You've already had two shots in the past couple hours, are you trying to overdose?" "No, I'm just at a pretty high dose right now. I can't cut back." We partially window shopped on our way to do the laundry up, and once we got to the washers- We were less than excited to actually do the laundry. "You go get the soap and shit, I'll start putting it in the washers. We'll need two don't you think- one for towels and stuff that needs to be bleached, and another for clothes, right?" Izzy asked, starting to unload our clothes into a washer. "Yeah, sounds about right."  "You have enough change?" I nodded and counted a few sets of quarters out, that I had dug from my purse and clutched in my hand. "Yeah, at least a couple dollars." He nodded and went back to his task. I went over to the soap machine, putting in a few coins for Bleach and Fabric Softener. The Laundromat played music over the speakers, some real cool Doo-wop type stuff. I walked over to the washing machine. "I feel like we're in a movie, Izzy."  "Do you remember this song?" He questioned, putting towards the speaker. I listened to what was playing, It was The Skyliners song; Since I Don't Have You. "Didn't they play this song at our prom?" Izzy laughed and nodded 'yes'. "Yeah, that was like the best night of my life. You punched Bill in the face."  "He was being a dick." I threw the soap into the washing machine, trying to defend myself. "You gave him a bloody nose, you almost broke it." He hopped on one of the machines and lit up a cigarette. "Why are you bringing this up?" He shrugged. "Cause it's funny as hell, I guess." We stood there listening to the various machines running and the song play through. Izzy puffed on his cigarette and I looked out the window at the busy street outside.

"Hey, Kat?" Izzy broke the 'quite time', I looked up at him. "Yes?"  "Do you still have a crush on Bill?" I laughed at his question, red covering my cheeks. "What- are you serious?" He smiled. "Yeah, I know you used to like him."  "Well, no. I mean- we're grown up now, that was just a kid thing." He shook his head, with his cigarette between his lips, causing the ashes to fall into the floor.

"You are a shitty liar, when it comes to talking about him." I purposely put my hands over my cheeks, hopefully hiding the color that blossomed across them. "Am not." "You are too- I guess that answered my question." "What you think I still like, Rose?" Izzy slumped his shoulders down, resting his elbows on his thighs. "I know you still like him." I put my head down on washing machine, a little harder than expected. I keep hitting my head today. Hopefully Iz doesn't tell Bill that I like him, I would most likely have to move out from being too embarrassed to continue living with him. "I'm going to go get some more smokes." Izzy said, jumping down from the washer, he still had his cigarette in hand. He had a pack in his shirt pocket, I guess he only had a few left. "I'll be here." He walked out of the Laundromat, I watched him through the glass window cross the street. I started to try and get comfy here. There were a few magazines sitting on a bench that seemed okay interesting. I hadn't really been keeping track of time at all, maybe that would be a good thing.

(Hopefully everyone is liking the newer chapters okay. Comment for a dedication. I've got several chapters open for them.)