Twenty Four

-Izzy-

My eyes rolled back in my head as I struggled over and over to regain conciseness, I felt like I was floating around in a large body of water drifting back and forth, over and over. I couldn't breath right, it felt like a thick fuzzy rag had been placed over my mouth and nose. My legs were numb I knew that much they had been tucked under my body for how ever long I had been sitting in this dirty bathroom. "Damn." I rubbed my greasy face with the palm of my hand, trying to bring myself back down to earth. I shook my head rapidly trying to fix my vision; to no avail. I had taken the remainder of my drugs after getting in that fucking fight last night, my blood was really pumping and all those drugs just hit my system at once, taking me right to the edge of an overdose. I had been in this god forsaken Gas station bathroom ever since. I felt the sensation of hot bile rising in the back of my throat and I quickly shot up retching into the nearby toilet. My bile white and hot projecting allover the sides of the commode. I threw up until there was nothing left in my stomach- not that there was really anything in it to begin with. My coat was bunched up around my feet, I felt something crack under my knee as I retched into the toilet. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, pulling my coat away to see what I just destroyed. My fucking needle, my eyes scanned over the cracked glass- boy was I an idiot. It's not like I have the money to go buy another pack. Great. My hands gripped onto the edge of the porcelain sink rim. Eventually I had to get out of this bathroom floor...

-Axl-

I had walked down the sidewalk until it ran out, the sun had come up and I still hadn't found Kat. My hope had dimmed in finding her, I was worried something bad had happened to her. Even though I was bummed out about Kat having gone missing I walked to my job at least I could earn some money for today. I had been focusing on the pavement in front of me till I arrived at my job, when I looked up I saw Kat sitting there on the front step smoking a Marlboro. For some reason I was mad when I saw her, I didn't understand why she had to make things so hard on me sometimes.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I questioned her reaching her perch. She nodded her head sadly and shrugged. "I don't know, I wasn't tired last night so I got up and walked around town- stopped here I don't know." "How long have you been sitting here, Kat?" "Um, maybe an hour- not sure." "Let me take you home." I offered reaching down to snatch her up. She ran her fingers through her dark hair, her long nails catching in the tats. "C'mon, Kat." I said annoyed. She looked up at me with a pout. She sighed my name. "Axl." "What baby doll?" I sat down next to her. "What's wrong with you?" I questioned grabbing her small hand in mine. "I don't know really." Kat shrugged again. I brought her hand up to my lips planting a kiss on top. "Everything will be okay, you know that right?" She smiled a small smile. "Yeah, It just takes a long time getting there." Kat stood up from her spot and I followed. I dropped her hand, "Here's some money for the bus, go home and get some sleep." I handed her the last few bills from my wallet. "Are you sure I can't stay here with you?" She questioned still messing with her gorgeous hair. I shook my head, "I don't know where I'd put you." I spoke, grabbing her around the waist. She grinned at me bringing her head to my shoulder. "You know, Ax?" "What, Sugar?" "You make me happy, when I am near you I feel good- like there isn't anything wrong with me." I planted a kiss on the top of her forehead and cleared my throat. "Honestly, I feel the same way. I always have; you should know that. All those times back in Indiana I'd always come to you when something went wrong, I trust you and you know I don't trust very many people." Kat inhaled deeply, closing her eyes. "You need to go home and get some sleep." I reiterated. "Alright, alright." She gripped at the sides of my leather coat, clinging on to me tightly. She lifted her head planting a kiss on my mouth, I held her sides kissing her sweet lips in return. My mind barely even registering before she pulled away. "See ya' tonight, Axl." Kat mused, letting me go. I felt an absence where her body just was. I watched her turn around and walked off, leaving me standing there. I shook my head a smile on my face, before walking inside to work.