Chapter 13: The Bottom of Success

September 26,2021

•ARYN•
"One can still reach the foundation of success, while carrying the burden of fear and possible failure. But it won't be possible to climb with that load."

It was already 2 AM, with my eyes still resisting sleep

It was already 2 AM, with my eyes still resisting sleep. It has already been two days since my body got any proper rest, and tiredness was spreading within my veins like fire. I found myself doing house chores, reading, writing, and drawing all at once- anything that allows a human to fall asleep. The results were expected. Nothing worked. I did manage to sleep for three hours- and even during that, I was conscious of the surroundings.

At 7:00 AM, I prepared breakfast for Mia and dropped her at school. It was around the same time Ellena went to her job at the police station, where she worked restlessly as a criminal forensic. At about the age of 23, Ellena craved independence, which drove her to move out of her parent's house. However, the unshakable attachment she had with Mr Alfred and Mrs Evelyn, meant that she can not go to another neighbourhood, and settled in a different house beside them. I was still her neighbour, so nothing changed except for her self-satisfaction.

After returning home, I spent the day taking care of one-month-old Layla, who proved to be a quiet baby. It wasn't long before Mia disrupted the calm atmosphere, narrating how her day proceeded as she ate lunch. And while I've spent most of my life studying, I never felt bored at any instant. After a few hours, it was time for the kingdom's class.

I invited Ellena over to take care of the girls, and explained the 'situation', consisting mainly of lies trying to hide its actuality.

"Aryn, I'll be travelling for a week or two to Mark. His father is severely sick and he needs me to stay beside him. It was so hard to take a vacation from work, but I couldn't stay and leave him there."

Mark was Ellena's husband. An ambitious man, who ran after a job opportunity abroad, seeking a higher societal position. He later discovered that it wasn't only a job opportunity in the Uk, but an aid of destiny for his father, who has been diagnosed with a Cardiomyopathy. And while there's no exact treatment, Mark believed that he owed his father hope in the form of visiting the best doctors and exerting himself financially.

"Ellena, I suggest that you just leave everything behind and spend as much time as possible with your loved ones."

"Is everything alright? It's nothing new really, and I've been used to it."

"I'm just saying it's not worth it. Anyways, I am really late and I need to go now. Goodbye, and I'm so sorry again for involving you in this."

"No, not at all. You know how much I love kids!"

A few hours later, I arrived at the kingdom along with Cooper. On my way to the class, an alluring melody suddenly began playing, involuntarily dragging me towards it. My feet unconsciously walked towards the source of the tranquil sound, as if the instrument had invisible strings pulling them. However, the path reached a dead-end soon, and my eyes still couldn't distinguish the mysterious violinist.