Chapter 9: The Betray of Strength

September 19-September 20,2021

"Strength is what keeps the motive ignited. Preserve it well, and don't lose it against destiny. When no one is around, you're going to need it."

ARYN•

"What more important matter? What do you mean by intended? You know what, I seriously don't wanna listen to this anymore

"What more important matter? What do you mean by intended? You know what, I seriously don't wanna listen to this anymore. I'll go back home,"I interrupted.

"You'll know in the right time. And good luck going home without having the special GPS system," he smirked.

"Wait. What? There's a special system?!"

In the gloomy air, his sarcastic smile extended across his face. As he walked away, the silent giggles of the guards echoed across the vast emptiness. The cold breeze caressed my face, and I realized that I was in the middle of nowhere. But, home didn't matter anymore against the constellation of stars. I was confused and unaware of everything around me. But I wanted to stay here and never go back. Something about this place gave me a warm sensation I didn't feel for so long.

I kneeled and observed as the soaked grass stained my pants. The rich aroma of lavender and roses brought the scent of the past. The sound of the gentle water complimented the white moon. As I stared beyond the beauty, a fence suddenly blocked my vision. Dead flowers surrounded its rusty bars. The tree branches cast a shadow on the dry soil underneath. There was a reflection of the brown fence and the orange flowers on either side of the lake.

"This land is beautiful. But why are there dead trees and flowers on the far side?" I interrogated one of the guards.

"There was some war that caused the splitting but it is all written in the book. And in brief, the land there is Sereveth, and it is in control of 80% of the Kingdom's forests," she replied.

"I see. By the way, is there some dorm or room where I can stay? I don't know the way back home, and he left without installing that GPS."

"Yes, of course, Mrs. Aryn. But first, take this guide about how the probe works. Mr. Louis instructed us to hand it to you. It's effortless, don't worry. But if something confused you, we're more than welcome to answer you," the guard gently said with a smile.

She then slowly led me to my dorm without pushing or hushing me. Each step, the rich scent of the green mint got more vivid. There weren't dark corridors anymore, but paths of heaven and colors. The grass shards crunched under my boots, sending a sense of peace within my thoughts.

The guards stopped after reaching an orange door. They bowed, leaving me curious about what the room hid. As I held the keys, a faint sound came from behind. It wasn't a prisoner standing but Devlin with her narrow eyes. I gazed at her back with surprise and anger.

"This dorm was empty for years. It's right beside mine. I never expected its owner to come, being an Albiec protector," Devlin muttered.

"Anyway, I was requested to give you my book until you go back to your abandoned house and get it. But, if the tiniest rupture or fold happens to any of the pages, no good will happen, lady," she threatened.