Chapter 11: Stars Aligned

September 20,2021-September 21,2021

"One day, one hour, one minute, or one second may be all that it takes for Earth to collapse. But, it'll be too late to save it, and that second will forever be a regret."

ARYN

"I don't think you know what you are saying

"I don't think you know what you are saying. Are you feeling any symptoms? Or do you want a reminder of your opinion about the issue?" Louis sarcastically asked.

"I am not sick, and I am in my right state of mind. I have no option but to accept because, at this point, I have nothing else to lose. The kingdom is where I belong, and I am willing to learn more about it," I boldly replied.

"We'll continue speaking about this later. I need to go now. Take care of yourself and rest well."

None of the members was here because of obligation. The guards never left the door, and the Doctors were awake developing the hospital's facilities. Gaina, Samuel, and even Devlin never delayed any task assigned and held the responsibility of protecting one another. It was only me using my role to move on. Unlike their sincere passion, I was only here to fight my hopelessness.

I sat in front of the fireplace, observing the amber fire. The room was dimly lit, and the fire specks were the only source of the sound. The dorm felt as empty as a forest without trees. Despite the simple elegance in each detail of the dorm, it was lonely and odd. I wondered if I'll be able to fulfil my duties and continue on an unknown path with no clear will.

It wasn't long before Aunt Giana came with her casual smile as if reading my confusion. I never imagined loving the protectors or giving in to their claims. They threw me into a harsh reality and expected me to adapt. But, unlike anyone else, Aunt Giana always showed her apology. She wanted to guide me into what the kingdom meant slowly. Her uniqueness was in her calmness and not fierce commands nor arrogance.

"Aryn, if you're feeling better, may I speak to you?"

"Yes, of course, Aunt Gaina."

"I'm really glad that you're willing to become a protector. But, do you think taking a decision now is right? You're tired, and it takes a lot of effort to learn about this world."

She paused, gazing at me with doubt and sympathy. I didn't know how to answer or tell her that this kingdom meant nothing to me. Many words haunted my lips as an urge to scream conquered me. Rizolir took everything away from me. I wanted a return for everything I sacrificed. I didn't care about what it took to become a protector, as long as it provided a reason for me to live.

"Yes. It is the right decision. Isn't that what you all wanted? You all made me go to jail, lose my job, and threw me into my reality. Now that I am finally giving in, I don't want anyone to interfere because everything was your fault," I said as tears began streaming down my cheek.