Chapter 4: Until The Next Sun

September 16,2020- September 17,2020

"Some people spend their lives under the shade, afraid of the darkness. And, not realizing that the sun is beside them."

•ARYN●

The moment he entered, every sense of mine felt unease

The moment he entered, every sense of mine felt unease. He felt familiar- way too familiar- that he couldn't have been only my patient. When we sat, I sensed his tension hidden under what he claimed to be the truth. The more he spoke, the more my doubts got clearer.

I focused, remembering the trauma I was put in a few hours ago. It was him. He had fresh bruises on his arm. They could have only been the result of my nails trying to fight him as he held me. His eyes were identical. Every thought, and every clue were confirming my doubts as each droplet of sweat formed on my forehead.

"Wait," I interrupted.

I stood, walking away from him in slow steps. I was terrified as images of the knife and his threatening voice began surrounding my vision. My blood boiled, of how courageous he was to stand in front of me as if he wasn't the cause of my bleeding arm.

"It was you. You kidnapped me!" I screamed.

"Get out of here right now!" my tone tensed.

"Give me a chance to explain. It's not what you think!" he responded.

"You destroyed everything! And you're still standing in front of me!" I said, stepping farther away.

"I had to do it!" he exclaimed.

"Stop! Just stop! Why are you still standing here! I told you get out!"

Not daring to reply, he dissolved behind the door. Who was I? And what was I supposed to be doing for eternity? Those were all questions he stole.

I took out my blood results from the bag, and burned them. They were in flames, and I saw how my career had the same fate. I kept reminding myself that I had to do what he asked, in attempt to calm my rage. Ethan and Ellena didn't have to die because of me. Whatever was the cost, they deserved to have a life ahead of them. They couldn't just die now.

I wore my brown coat, and walked towards an unknown path. Hours passed, and my drained feet carried me towards Aunt Olivia's grave. I couldn't speak to anyone about what happened. It was just the her dead body, who did not have the ability to confess anything. But, I hoped she would hear me, or maybe take me with her.

"Aunt Olivia. I wish we were still there, playing in the beautiful garden you had. Everything is so complicated, and unsolvable problems are racing, one after another. My parents suddenly sent a letter after years of their disappearance. I always told you I didn't care about them," I said in a brittle voice.