Chapter 6: Her and The Moon

September 18,2020-September 19,2020

"Sometimes, it's better to play a game of lying to yourself; in which, you convert each memory into what pleases your mind."

•ARYN•

I felt an unusual strength and power

I felt an unusual strength and power. It was a venture to get ahold of this book; something much complex than what a mind could interpret. I, Aryn Anderson, was the owner of a book imprisoning a divine world. Once I open the book, I knew everything was going to change.

Being in prison, the book insured mysteries. A new land, with unique people who probably recognized the moment I was at now. The questions Louis stole answers for were in this book. The magical cover captivated me, and I soon started wondering if the kingdom was this beautiful. Although I was eager to flip through those pages, I couldn't help but remember that it's only because of them and this book that I ended up here.

I quickly hid the book, afraid of every pair of eyes that stared at it. I haven't been here for long; however, it wasn't hard to know what feelings they developed.

People here began as a seed, still: dependent, small, vulnerable and bewildered. But, as they advanced, they realize that they were covered by dirt. At that moment, they lose the hope they had as a seed. That hope that said they're in an unknown, but a pretty place. They soon die, not seeing that the sun was beside them. Because, it was far, as far as the date they'd get out of this cell.

I waited impatiently until midnight to read the words of the book. Despite the hatred I carried for those protectors, I was too weak to resist the blue sapphires on the book. It was impossible to ignore the tangled trees on the cover, as they joined to form red rubies. No wonder why only seven copies existed of this book- there is no art or creativity capable of drawing such beauty.

Out of all days, today passed the slowest. My conversations with Cherry were the only way to spare time. There was a buried side of her. One that was darker than the shade of her red hair. I knew she was a criminal. But, I also couldn't deny the fact that she was the only person in here with a warm heart.

When the moon approached, I took out the book. As I opened it, a dulcet voice called from behind. When she came, I suspiciously hid the book, but she showed no concern. She just looked down, shy and embarrassed.

"You don't need to worry about hiding that book from me. I am not a curious person, nor a novel lover. I barely know how to read anyway. Continue writing your diaries peacefully,"she assured.

"Writing diaries?" I questioned.

"Yeah. It's the only way to fill those blank pages of the book. Anyway, I am not feeling sleepy, and you are not showing signs of it either. So, I thought of telling you something," she replied.

It didn't have a single blank page.

"Yes, of course, Cherry. And I can't sleep anyway, I guess it will take time to adapt. But, if it isn't too personal, what's your crime? You are not like them," I interrupted.