Chapter 14: Traumatized Ocean

September 27,2021 - October 5, 2021

LOUIS
"The only thing humans truly kill is the truth. In war, the truth of corruption is killed by peace. In murder, a person kills his own truth with the victim. Does truth heal the conscience, or kills it?"

It was finally time, and my watch beeped sonorously as if transmitting my thrill in the sound waves

It was finally time, and my watch beeped sonorously as if transmitting my thrill in the sound waves. It wasn't a request from Rizolar, but rather a voyage to Uncle Samuel, who finally completed his task by the supervision of his conscious, rather than speed. He was heading back, from the UK's center, in a 13-hour journey through the oceans. I walked to station five, about 7 kilometres off the Mystic Forest's back entrance. The fog lingered in the morning air, not interrupted by the roaring of the snoring beasts. This was a phenomenon known as Nebiterne, owing to the fact that the fog at this exact spot never dies, despite the rest of the forest's transparency.

I don't recall the last time I explored Earth for personal reasons, but it has a few remarkable landmarks that capture ones interest, such as the pyramids of Egypt and the Great Wall of China. Then comes the complex chain of trains running underwater, in the Kingdom. I never lost hope imaging the sophistication engraved in each metal bar, window, frame, and every component forming the trails and those trains. It was more of a spectacular landscape, drawn by some artist at peak of his creativity. But no matter where my imagination ran, it remained a drawing. Not a structure that is present beneath the blue vastness, running and running to reach its destination.

According to the blueprints in Landrocks library, those trains connect all seven continents in a miracle. Not the pressure, not the depth, not resistance, and nothing stops their wheels from rolling. However, all these are features carved to satisfy the logic. The true bewilderment lies in their shield. They are invisible to Eartherians and every living creature. Just like Rizolir and Sereveth, they are guarded by the shield of the hundred crystals.

After nearly an hour and a half, I arrived at the station, feeling the pulsation of blood in my veins. I stopped and observed the vast area of water bodies, which nullified any land behind. I never met anyone afraid of ambling, but there were countless terrified at the thought of diving, of death, and the unknown. A thought would always cross my mind, 'What if the ocean was just traumatized because of the countless wars it witnessed, and gradually turned into a cruel monster that devours whoever enters its territory?'

It wasn't long before my eyes came upon Uncle Samuel, walking out of the black tunnel, with clear exhaustion on his wrinkled face.

"Welcome back, Uncle Samuel. How was the trip?"

"Louis, you walked again, didn't you?" he replied.

"It's fine Uncle Samuel. It's a pretty good exercise," I replied.

And so we headed to the private car prepared to escort him back, further driving through underground tunnels. In the blink of an eye, the trains, and monsters were behind us, and we returned to the 'ordinary life' that was never ordinary.