Old Ex's

Meghan's POV

Jake's ex girlfriend, Lucy, was standing in the doorway. Lucy gave Jake a hug and my heart broke. Last time we saw her, she broke up with him because she was moving. It took him a while to get over her. I developed feeling for him not that long after they broke up. I left the door and went to my room. I felt the tears come down. I pulled my phone out and I went on Instagram. I pulled up my dms and I searched up Charlie. I messaged him.

@megwestbrook12: Hey Charlie. I never got your number so I just decided to message you on here. I need someone to talk to. Can you meet me at the same place that we met?

A minute later he messaged me back
@Charles_Gillespie: Yeah! We can definitely meet up.
@megwestbrook12: Awesome! See you soon 😁
@Charles_Gillespie: Can't wait 😉

Did Charlie just send me a wink emoji? I wiped my tears away. I went downstairs and I saw Jake by himself. He saw me," Hey Meggie. What did you want to sing to me?" "Never mind. It can wait. I have to go meet with someone." He looked confused," Who are you meeting. We've barely been in L.A. for 38 hours?" I walked past him ask I spoke," I asked Charlie to meet me. I wanted to get to know him and the rest of the cast more." I left before he could say anything. I finally got to the building and I saw Charlie. I smiled. "Hey Char, can I call you that?" He smiled," Yeah, as long as I could call you Meg too." "You can call me whatever you want." That didn't come out right. "I didn't mean it like that. Hehe." He chuckled. "Well I'll just call you Meg." "Yeah that's a good idea." "So you wanted to talk to me, eh." I love his Canadian accent. "Yeah. I'd figure I'd get to know you a bit. I'm sure you'd like to get to know me a bit."

Charlie's POV

Meg and I started walking around getting to know each other. I asked," Who's your favourite artist?" She giggled," I actually don't have one. I just love all music." "Same here. My parents got me, my brothers, and my sister into music." "I do find it pretty hilarious that I have the same name as your sister. I just hope it isn't too weird for you." I smiled," At first I thought it was gonna be weird but now I think I'll get use to it." We got to the park and we sat on a bench. She asked me," Did you ever know who we were beforehand? Like did you see my band before?" "No, but don't tell Madi, she has and she's a big fan." Meg's eyes sparkled as she said," Really?! I'm a big fan of her voice. She's not the only one. My favourite character is a brown hair, blue eyes, lead guitarist, who has chemistry with everyone." I smiled. "Yeah. I heard he's hot too." Meg rolled her eyes," Sounds like he's your type." We both started laughing. Her laugh is amazing. I think I'm falling for her but I barely just meet her. I didn't really want to know, but my next words just slipped," Are you and Jake a thing?" She looked down at her feet. "No, but I do have feelings for him." "Oh," that's it. That's all I have to say?

Meghan's POV

Oh, was all Charlie said. "Yeah." "How did your feelings develop?" I felt my tears coming. All I could think about is Lucy. I said," I know this is a little off topic but I need to tell you, the reason I asked you to meet me was because Jake has this ex, her name is Lucy. I went to go tell Jake that I like him, but she came by. I left not the long after. But anyway it started not that long after they broke up...

3 years ago
"Okay. Let's get started." We were filming the cover of, you are the music in me, from High School Musical 2. We started recording.

Zack starts playing as Sam starts
S: Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, yeah, you are the music in me, you know the words "once upon a time, makes you listen, there's a reason
I started singing with her
M&S: when you dream, there's a chance you'll find, a little laughter, or happy ever after
Jake came in and Sam stopped
J&M: Your harmony, to the melody, it's echoing inside my head a
M:Single voice
J: a single voice
M:above the noise
J&M:like a common thread
J:hmm your pulling me
I took my mic off the stand
M:When I hear my favourite song, I know that we belong
J:Oh you are the music in me, yeah, it's living in all of us
M:and it brought us here because
J:Because
J&M: You are the music in me, na, na, na
J:Oh
J&M: na, na na,
J:Yeah, yeah ,yeah
J&M: You are the music in me
I start getting closer to Jake, didn't know why
M:It's like I knew you before me met, can't explain
J:Oh, oh
M:there's no name for it
J:(echoes) no name for it
J&M: I sang you words I've never sang
J: and it was so easy
M: (echoes) so easy
J:because you see
M:I see
J: the real me
J&M: as I am, you understand and that's more than I've ever known
M: To hear you voice
J:(echoes) hear your voice
M: above the noise
J&M: and know I'm not alone
Jake and I were singing into my mic
M:oh, your singing to me
J&M: When I hear my favourite song, I know that we belong,oh, you are the music in me, it's living in all of us, and it's brought us here because you are the music in me, together we're gonna sing yeah
I looked into Jake's eyes and I had a feeling that I didn't just like him as a friend
J&M: we've got the power to sing what we feel
M: What we feel
J: connected and real
M: and keep it
J&M: all inside oh
S,Z,Si:Na, Na, Na, Na
M: Oh yeah
S, Z,Si: Na, Na, Na, Na
J:Oh yeah,yeah, yeah
S,Z,Si: Na, Na, Na, Na
J&M: you are the music in me
S,Z,Si: Na, Na, Na, Na
J:Oh yeah
S,Z,Si: Na, Na, Na, Na
M:Oh yeah
S,Z,Si: Na, Na, Na, Na
J&M: you are the music in me
S,Z,Si:when I hear my favourite song
J: Favourite song
S,Z,Si: I know that we belong
M:We belong
S,Z,Si: Oh you are the music in me
All:It's living in all of us, and it brought us here because you are the music in me
S,Z,Si: Na, Na, Na, Na
J:Oh yeah
S,Z,Si: Na, Na, Na, Na
M:Oh yeah
All: you are the music in me
Jake and I were still looking at each other. That's when I knew I had feelings for him.

"That's how my feelings developed, everyone tells me that he feels the same way. I was supposed to tell him but like I said, his ex came by." I felt my head being lifted by my chin. Charlie looked at me," If he doesn't feel the same way, and rather go to his ex, than that's his loss, but I'm sorry I know it sucks." I smiled softly," Thanks Char." He let go of my chin. I asked him," What do you think you'd be doing if you hadn't got the part for Luke?" He answered quickly," I don't know, probably be finding another gig. I'm curious, how did y'all meet?" I giggled," It's a long story." He got off the bench and went onto the grass. "I have time." I rolled my eyes playfully," Okay, so I've known Sam and Six since I was born. Zack was one of Six' friends but Jake, it all started on March 15, 2014...

A/n Hope you like it