nine . five

kaitlynn

"i'm going to head over to the park." i spoke walking behind my father. he was fairly taller then me, i had to look up when i talked to him.

the only reason he had been up was because of work. he needed to leave in a little less then an hour.

"that's fine, just head to your grandmothers after." he told me making his sandwich.

"alright bye."

walking away from my father in the kitchen, i grabbed my phone and some money. then i left the house and made my way to the park.

while i was walking, i started to kick a pebble down the street. not making my normal turn i got to a dead end.

now i turned to an over grown pathway, that has been forgotten about over the years. the only other people i see using it was drug dealers and receivers.

normally i would take this path, but you are unable to bike threw it. vines crawled out reaching just barely reaching your arms. the grass and thorn bushes swarmed around your feet as you trudged threw. mud attempted to swallow you as you stuck to the ground and became to sink. but flowers greeted you at both the entrance and the exit. giving you the allusion that it was save.

luckily, it was a huge time saver. my normal ten minute walk only turns into five.

after a three minutes of walking threw the path i came out on the other side. a rocky road connectioned the pathway and a road. as i walked down it i saw the park just barely in my view.

i continued walking down the street, picking up my pace as harsh sun started to beat down on me.

after i had gotten about half way their i felt a vibration in my pocket. i pulled out my phone to see that corbyn had been calling me. i answered, putting it up to my ear.

he was the first to speak.

"hey, i am about a block or two away."

"okay, so am i."

"wait really? i thought it took ten minutes to get to the park."

"one word, shortcut."

"oh that makes sense "

i laughed a bit.

"alright see you soon." i said, pausing before i hung up.

"bye." he spoke just before i hung up.

now i was less then a block away, honking could be heard behind me. i turned around and saw corbyn waving at me.

i waved back. a smile formed and never seemed to fade.

"i will beat you there," i screamed, just loud enough for him to hear me.

i started running towards the park. quickly gaining more and more speed. thanks to me being a werewolf i already ran ten times faster then your average tract runner.

"game on!" i just barely heard him yell back.

soon i was right in front of the park. now i had to run across the track field. running acrossed the field, i tripped and fell.