seven . twenty five

kaitlynn

i walked in my back door being greeted with my stepmom and father cooking. i sleeper off my muddy shoes and started walking towards the kitchen table.

my dad turned around and saw me. he smiled and waved at me. then turned to my stepmother.

"hey look who is home." my dad chuckled, giving me a warm smile.

my eyes focused on his old scar. he had a scar on his arm from a time he and my mother got in a fight. it was right before they had broken up sixteen years ago. no, they where not married. technically i think it would be illegal, seeing as they where still eighteen.

my stepmother turned towards me, catching my attention. she smiled at me before turning around.

"you've been gone awhile kait." she put down a long spoon which she was stirring pasta sauce with.

"she was probably out with her boyfriend." my dad teased, i let out a little laugh before the room became dead silent.

we stood there for a second looking around, none of knew what to say next.

"how long till foods done?" i asked breaking the silence.

"you got five." my dad said turning around, checking the pasta.

i nodded and walked out of the kitchen. turning down a long hallway seeing my room all the way at the end. a "k" on my door.

i opened my door and jumped on my bed. a few seconds later a rolled over and took my phone out of my pocket. i plugged it in beside my bed and layed there.

my room was dark do to me having blinds and then black out curtains over them. i had no lights on. the only light was coming from a red light on my tv, showing that it was off, and a the kitchen light.

i layed on my bed staring at my ceiling. all of a sudden a bright light flashes. i look over to my phone and pick it up.

a text notification went across the screen. it was from corbyn?

even though i knew i wasn't going to be able to talk for long, i still answered.