twelve

kaitlynn

i dragged my feet across the concrete. arguing with myself on weither i should go back or not. but soon what my ex had said got to me.

my brain drifted away as walked down the quite streets, only getting closer to the destination. at last i was lost in my thoughts.

did people really think i was a freak?

no one loves me do they?

is everyone fake?

will i be alone for the rest of my life?

the thoughts circled threw my head, over and over.

eventually i stood in front of the house that i had called my grandmothers home. i slowly walked towards the front step and took a breath. knocking quietly before entering.

i was greeted with my wayward brother running towards me, a toy pot in his hand. i opened my arms and squatted down, hugging him. i picked him up, throwing him in the air. once i cought him i spun around, kissing his forehead.

once i was done i put him down. my grandmother came out and smiled at me. my aunt following behind with her special vegan chocolate chip cookies.

i waved at the two slightly, giving them my shy smile. then i went and hugged my aunt, i had always been closer to her.

i looked towards the kitchen and dining room. seeing a few of my pack members going in and out, giving updates out their pack as well as request. i of course said hello to the few that where present before excusing myself.

i went down to the basement and put my hand on the wall. saying the password quietly, a white door appeared. i had memorized this door. it had been my "quiet place".

i opened the door to a blue room. a soft gray rug in the center. the circle room was brightly light with the allusion of the sunlight on the roof.

a desk sat, round at the corners, lining perfectly with the wall. my stacks of notebooks next to it.

i closed the door and put my hand on the wall. "hide door" i spoke calmly. the door on my end stayed yet i knew it had disappeared in the basement.

now i was completely alone. the only thing keeping me company was my annoying thoughts, a guitar, piano, lyric journals, and thousands of papers of work.

i sat down in the middle and drifted back into my thoughts.